Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alltech festival

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Tickets €16.50 online with 2 tokens so cost in could be €11.50 for entry to a great festival. Last year one token (€2.50) got me a generous half 'glass' - 250ml plus - of most beers. Food was a little pricy though, I seem to recall.

Bring water, crackers and a stool!

Pretty much unmissable for any beer geeks I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Hi all

Here is a pictorial list of all the brewers attending alltech this year

alltech%20list%202_zpsvefhpcr5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

oblivious wrote: »
    Hi all

Here is a pictorial list of all the brewers attending alltech this year

alltech%20list%202_zpsvefhpcr5.png

No 8 Degrees this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Five to the right and two down

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Wild Bat will be gatecrashing on the Cremin & Radley stand too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

anyone go yesterday? heading this afternoon around 5. Think any earlier I'll end up smashed by the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Heading into this shortly. In early and home early before it gets too packed.

Went last night and had a good time at it. It was 16.50 in with 2 tokens. Each token costs 2.50 and is worth 1/2 beer*. My main gripe about last night was the early closing. For some reason I had it in my head that closing was 11 so only went at 7 but then it finished at 10 and I would have liked the extra hour (even if my head this morning says I had enough).

In terms of beers some that I really enjoyed were
    • Soulwater Ice-cream beer. Really does taste like Vanilla Ice-Cream
    • Blacks Worlds End. Even nicer on draft, the chocolate flavour off it is amazing.
    • Wood Key The Ravens. Lovely spicy kick from the Rye
    • Trouble Brewing / O'Brother Blood Orange - Started lovely but I found that the orange flavour disappeared as you got into it leaving it a bit off.
    • Buxton Tsar - Lovely strong Imperial Stout.
    • Independent /Wood Key Black IPA. Nice BIPA, not the best one I've ever had but was a nice beer to start the night.

Disappointed that I forgot about the White Hag Brett Pale Ale but that's what Sunday is for :)

* Some stronger imperial stouts, etc. can be 2 tokens for 1/2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Open the doors! *peers inside *

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Smashing day out, arrived at 12:30 on Saturday and didn't leave until closing...

Trouble Brewing's Blood Brother was a lovely start to the day
    Loved the hop rockets that White Hag were running their beer through, the coffee infused White Sow was like breakfast in a glass.
    McGargles Francis Big Bangin' IPA was the surprise of the day for me and a little chatting with the guys from Wild Bat brought out a sneak preview of their Rye Stout which they have yet to finalise the recipe for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Arrived about 2 on Saturday with the intent of staying til maybe 7. Left and returned to get food at better prices elsewhere. Eventually left at closing time.

Liked the presence of more non-Irish brewers compared to previous fests I've been to.

Rye River were out of Francis until about 6, although its on tap in Maynooth a fair bit so that wasn't a problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

L1011 wrote:
    Rye River were out of Francis until about 6, although its on tap in Maynooth a fair bit so that wasn't a problem for me.

Really? That's a nice surprise. O'Neills and where else?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Don't know if we need a new thread, but it's on again next weekend. Daily ticket prices vary by day up to €20, including tokens for 1 pint. Worth a visit?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No Kinnegar, Trouble, Eight Degrees or White hag. No dice imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

RasTa wrote: »
    No Kinnegar, Trouble, Eight Degrees or White hag. No dice imo.

Ah jaysis. Should've checked the line up but sure will enjoy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Doesn't appear to have White Hag as well...Must be a reason for these non-appearances. Am not particularly excited for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Really looking forward to try Ballast Point. Hope they will have wide range and still available on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Greg81 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to try Ballast Point. Hope they will have wide range and still available on Saturday.

That's in the off license already

RasTa wrote: »
    That's in the off license already

Have you seen it somewhere in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Greg81 wrote:
    Have you seen it somewhere in Ireland?

I got all 4 ballast point beers earlier . Can't wait to try ! Picked up in fresh in Dublin

• Advertisement

ianob7 wrote: »
    I got all 4 ballast point beers earlier . Can't wait to try ! Picked up in fresh in Dublin

Thanks for the tip. Have to visit fresh tomorrow.

Greg81 wrote:
    Thanks for the tip. Have to visit fresh tomorrow.

Just a heads-up, I got them in Smithfield ! Wouldn't be 100% that Camden street would have them .. not familiar with the other locations

ianob7 wrote: »
    Just a heads-up, I got them in Smithfield ! Wouldn't be 100% that Camden street would have them .. not familiar with the other locations

Grand canal dock had some yesterday.

And I'm pretty sure Stephen St News posted about having them. So I'd say they are in a good few offies by now

matrim wrote:
    And I'm pretty sure Stephen St News posted about having them. So I'd say they are in a good few offies by now

Biggest problem I have right now is deciding which to have first :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

L1011 wrote: »
    Atmosphere may be a bit subdued
    It wasn't. Business as usual.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Any recommendations from those who attended last night?

Amirani wrote:
    Any recommendations from those who attended last night?

Beavertown cloudwater collaboration: don't open before 1985 was the standout beer for me

Followed very very closely by the rascals 7 series .

Brewdogs DIPA was quite tasty too but not really near the level of 1985

Does anyone knows what Ballast Point Brewery got to offer?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Greg81 wrote: »
    Does anyone knows what Ballast Point Brewery got to offer?
    Sculpin, Mango Even Keel, Victory at Sea, Fathom and Grapefruit Sculpin.

Advertisement