Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leffe and hoegaarden 750ml

• 25-01-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Back in Lidl @ 2.99
    Plenty left in rathmines at lunch time
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

You beauty ... cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

By the way the Perlenbacher XXL 8 packs are on offer this week too @ €7.29 .... although its the green bottle Perlenbacher (brewed in France - definitely not as nice tasting) as opposed to the brown bottle version (brewed in Germany - original version, nicer tasting IMO)

1__31779_2.jpg

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057463662

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Thanks !

The wife got me a dozen Leffe in Drogheda and there's still loads left.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lovely beers.

I hope they get Franziskaner back on special soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lovely beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

darconio wrote: »
    Back in Lidl @ 2.99
    Plenty left in rathmines at lunch time

How better to celebrate the end of dry January!

Lovely beers.

yeah great value but as you say, definitely not as nice as the brown bottled version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I've two Hoegaarden in the fridge waiting for me to get home. I can hear them calling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

Thanks for this, picked up a dozen of the Leffe in Monaghan last night! There were loads of both at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lovely beers.

Whats the special deal when this is on special, as I see it regularly for €1.79 in Lidl when its always selling at €2.79 in supervalu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

vicwatson wrote: »
    Whats the special deal when this is on special, as I see it regularly for €1.79 in Lidl when its always selling at €2.79 in supervalu?

Its normally 4 for €5.

Franziskaner was €1.99 a bottle up to recently as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

RayCon wrote: »
    By the way the Perlenbacher XXL 8 packs are on offer this week too @ €7.29 .... although its the green bottle Perlenbacher (brewed in France - definitely not as nice tasting) as opposed to the brown bottle version (brewed in Germany - original version, nicer tasting IMO)

1__31779_2.jpg

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057463662

What's the difference apart from the colour of the bottle? Is there a difference in size and strength as well?
    I've actually never had the green Perlenbacher, as I stocked up ridiculously on the last XXL deal (brown bottles) and have yet to run out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

were these Leffe Blonde or Leffe Brune in lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

What's the difference apart from the colour of the bottle? Is there a difference in size and strength as well?
    I've actually never had the green Perlenbacher, as I stocked up ridiculously on the last XXL deal (brown bottles) and have yet to run out :D

The XXL's in the green bottle on sale now doesn't seem to taste the same as the 6 pack green Perlinbacher imo. Might taste like the old brown bottles which were brewed in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

VeVeX wrote: »
    Its normally 4 for €5.

Franziskaner was €1.99 a bottle up to recently as far as I remember.

No €1.79 got some today !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

amber2 wrote: »
    The XXL's in the green bottle on sale now doesn't seem to taste the same as the 6 pack green Perlinbacher imo. Might taste like the old brown bottles which were brewed in Germany.

Sure there's no harm in trying it out :D

They haven't done any of the sneaky Irish shrinkflation though have they? A lot of mainstream beers have either gone from 330ml to 300ml, or from 4.5% to 4% in order to beat rising excise duties while appearing to stay the same price-wise...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

were these Leffe Blonde or Leffe Brune in lidl?

Blonde. Never seen the Brune in Lidl over the last few years, which is a damn shame. The Blonde is good enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

As of last night at about 7pm in the Lidl in Tallaght village, the Hoegarden was getting scarce - about 10 bottles left, plenty of Leffe blonde left though on the bottom shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭davemie

They just arrived back in stock yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Was this in Lidl? No sign of them on Stillorgan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭davemie

Yes Lidi, it was in the flyer and I picked up enough to keep me going for a while in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

None in my local Lidl at lunchtime today. They had plenty of the ones with caramel though. Bleurgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

None in Cabra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Just to say Dunnes has Leffe for €6 for a 4-pack. The big bottle is better value and a fun excuse to have lots of strong beer but not by much (1.5l vs 1.3l for 6 quid).

Advertisement