Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VG24/7 - Bungie to sell Ammo Packs for cash.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Give us our money Bungie.
    Where's the money Bungie!
    You told us there'd be f***ing money Bungie, pay us!
    You know the vig is just getting bigger every day you don't pay us our money Bungie, don't make us have to hurt you. Look what we did to that last guy!
    PAY US THE MONEY BUNGIE!!!

I'm confused by this analogy :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm confused by this analogy :confused:

How so Cormac?

Bungie went with Activision, who clearly only want money. Money money money. Screw development time - ship it and pay us, hence why I was sort of comparing them to a heavy handed loan shark.

I think that's a pretty good analogy given how Bungie have basically been turned upside down and shook for spare change by their publishers.

Why is there even a shred of credibility to the idea that paying for synths might happen? Because Bungie are seriously under the cosh from Activision to JUST MAKE MONEY (!!!) and that is probably the root cause of a lot of what's wrong right now. Don't believe that? Well I guess the now former CEO might disagree - do you really think that firing him was an independent decision or not linked to the knock on effect on activision's revenue stream of having Destiny 2 delayed to 2017? Remember, Activision account to their shareholders too and any delay in one of their banner products hurts them in share price, and their execs in their bonuses - so they sure as hell had to be seen to do something to be able to say "we've fixed this problem"

So ... I stand by the analogy Cormac. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I thought "us" was the players. and Money was "content".... idk

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭thegame983

While it is easy to blame the loan shark, the loanie is just as to blame for getting into bed with them in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Jaysus, I hope it also works the other way, cash for synths.

• Advertisement
Advertisement