Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny Daily Mission - Black Spindle

• 22-01-2016 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 44,994 ✭✭✭✭

Its the Black Spindle Daily mission again today.

THANK FOOK I got one the last time (and have hardly used it since!) as I freaking hate this mission. Took me so many attempts to get it done.

Advise:

When entering the final room - take out the blights first - ads second and them go ham on the boss fella when the ads are gone, until they spawn again. Then, blights-->ads-->boss man. Rinse and repeat til done.

Recommend using swords for taking out the ads quickly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You only got one last time? As in like a few weeks ago? WTF is that about? I'm truly $h!te and I got one ages ago :pac:

In fact, I thought you were in my group :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,994 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    You only got one last time? As in like a few weeks ago? WTF is that about? I'm truly $h!te and I got one ages ago :pac:

In fact, I thought you were in my group :confused:

yep - only got it a month or so back.

Think I tried it in a group with you a few times and we failed, horribly to even get close. tactics were wrong though. think that was the first or second time the mssion was there.

Since then I would give it one or two goes and just give up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Still haven't completed it. Last 2 times around, or levels were high enough to do decent DPS, I know the strat, but ran out of time on ads after boss was dead. I've kind of made my peace with getting it or not at this stage. My 1000ys hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Think I tried it in a group with you a few times and we failed, horribly to even get close. tactics were wrong though. think that was the first or second time the mssion was there.

Sounds about right.

I got it done in the end with I think
    1x Defender Titan and Blessing
    2x Sunsingers
    3x Raze Lighter (Exotic Solar Sword)

Cleared the 1st 4 Blights.

Went up, popped the bubble, milled him with as many sword hits as we could staffing in and out of blessing, died, resurrected, more milling with Raze Lighter until we got killed again (pro tip, keep your 1st and 2nd flame shields till you REALLY need them, for example, when you lost the titan/bubble)

Back to the tunnel, clear blights, kill adds till we had all 3 supers and heavy ammo synths were cooled down and went up for a 2nd run.

This is DEFINITELY not the most skilful, clever or optimum way of doing it.
    It was more like "An idiots guide to it"

Plus all 3 of us were 300+. It was PAINFUL doing it at anything sub 295

Made me rage quit the game for only the one of 2 times since tTK came out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Still haven't even attempted to get this done yet. No exotic sword either, as I couldn't be arsed either way for it.

• Advertisement

the thing with just going ham on him like that is that blights spawn at health intervals on him and ads spawn while blights are active. So you may spawn more blights and ads than you can deal with at one time by going ham on the boss man.

Better to take care of all the blights and ads first (quickly) then go hard on him until the next set of blights/ads spawn; then disengage from him completely and clear the ads/blights. rinse and repeat.

There's tonnes of guides on it on Reddit etc.

But Swordy-Bubble-Swordy-Ressy-Melty-Face worked for me is all I'm saying :P

It was definitely the riskier and less skilful approach to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

the thing with just going ham on him like that is that blights spawn at health intervals on him and ads spawn while blights are active. So you may spawn more blights and ads than you can deal with at one time by going ham on the boss man.

Better to take care of all the blights and ads first (quickly) then go hard on him until the next set of blights/ads spawn; then disengage from him completely and clear the ads/blights. rinse and repeat.

I have done this mission too many times to help people get it and this is the best strat IMO. I usually take blight duty have the other two clear adds and take some shots at the boss when it calms. Blights spawn at the back so you need to leave that safe room to have a scout around a few times.

So important to get the psions in the last room. There are tonnes of them and they really chip away at your health. If you can get to the last room with 7 mins left you are golden. Really rush the first two rooms to give yourself as much time as possible. My first time doing it we were all sub 300 and got it done with a couple of mins to spare so strategy trumps light level.

If anybody needs help with this, I'm around most of today from around 2 so send me a message and I'll jump in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

just got it done there on my warlock character, thanks to ferrigan and titian for the super-assist. Its a great gun for golgoroth allright, and I don't think I've used it outside of the raid (much like the touch of malice, super hard quest for guns you use less than 1% of the time)

I do like the way it was done, a secret quest off another mission. One of the better setups in TTK I believe.

just got it done there on my warlock character, thanks to ferrigan and titian for the super-assist. Its a great gun for golgoroth allright, and I don't think I've used it outside of the raid (much like the touch of malice, super hard quest for guns you use less than 1% of the time)

I do like the way it was done, a secret quest off another mission. One of the better setups in TTK I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Sounds about right.

no-cal and I had the best tactic ever.

1) Get to the boss area.
    2) Send noobzerker an invite.
    3) ???
    4) Black Spindle baby!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I love my spindle now, a nice healthy 314 :D took me a tonne of attempts to get it but Gimli stuck by me and we got it done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I love my spindle now, a nice healthy 314 :D took me a tonne of attempts to get it but Gimli stuck by me and we got it done :D

When did we do that? I remember playing trials with you over the weekend and then I blacked out. Glad you got it though :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    When did we do that? I remember playing trials with you over the weekend and then I blacked out. Glad you got it though :)

Some stage over the christmas/new year dude :D we all roared for joy cos it was the sencond attempt at it and we only missed the first attempt by a few seconds :D

Black spindle mission is back up again today. Wait till the feb update if you just doing it to try to get the ship.

What happens after the update?

PetKing wrote: »
    What happens after the update?

There was a bug that the ship could only drop on your first completion, and if you didn't get then tough titty.

I think that was the case anyway.

After the update, the drop rate (and bug) of the ship are fixed.

There was a bug that the ship could only drop on your first completion, and if you didn't get then tough titty.

Think myself and Osprey are the only ones concerned with the Spindle dropping at this stage. But yay! dangle a snazzy ship I don't have either at me Bungo!!

PetKing wrote: »
    Think myself and Osprey are the only ones concerned with the Spindle dropping at this stage. But yay! dangle a snazzy ship I don't have either at me Bungo!!

Don't think I've even used my Spindle once...

Don't think I've even used my Spindle once...

I use it on Golgoroth - and thats it. 1KYS does for everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I use it on Golgoroth - and thats it. 1KYS does for everything else.

Why not the Warpriest?

dudeeile wrote:
    Why not the Warpriest?

I watched that speedrun video that Optimus posted, and it renewed my Spindle envy. 6 good spindles and he was down on the first phase. Want

dudeeile wrote: »
    Why not the Warpriest?

Jade Rabbit

I love my spindle TBH.

For the warpriest I find his head moves around too much to be certain of hitting a headshot crit on him with the BS, which is why I use 1KYS and Jade Rabbit for I higher overall damage output, imo.

For the warpriest I find his head moves around too much to be certain of hitting a headshot crit on him with the BS, which is why I use 1KYS and Jade Rabbit for I higher overall damage output, imo.

yup, same for me, more times than not it won't proc. I find eirreen or 1000ys with the fast reload gloves works better. Golgoroth is the only place I use the BS now.

Jade Rabbit

ThisIsWhereIdPutMyJadeRabbitIfIHadOne.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Jade Rabbit

1531.gif
    ThisIsWhereIdPutMyJadeRabbitIfIHadOne.jpg

347.gif

It'll probably be nerfed to f**k. And then it'll drop for all ye the next day :pac:

• Advertisement

..... and the mission is back up today.

Advertisement