Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Sallins Naas Feeder Bus

  • 17-01-2016 4:06pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭ n97 mini


    Anyone know where I'd find information about this? Irish Rail's information page for the station makes no mention of it.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭ Grandeeod




  • Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭ n97 mini


    Darn, not much good to me, need to be in Naas for 8pm and return around 10pm.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭ Grandeeod


    n97 mini wrote: »
    Darn, not much good to me, need to be in Naas for 8pm and return around 10pm.

    Luas to Red Cow and Dublin Coach to Naas?


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭ n97 mini


    Grandeeod wrote: »
    Luas to Red Cow and Dublin Coach to Naas?

    Travelling from Hazelhatch.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭ thomasj


    n97 mini wrote:
    Darn, not much good to me, need to be in Naas for 8pm and return around 10pm.

    The only decent way I can think of sadly is bus eireann or JJ kavanagh from heuston


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭ Grandeeod


    n97 mini wrote: »
    Travelling from Hazelhatch.

    Depending on where you are going in Naas, you could walk on your outbound stretch and take a taxi back to Sallins station?


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭ n97 mini


    Lawlor's Hotel. I think I'll just drive. The idea of a 10 minute train journey was appealing!


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭ Grandeeod


    n97 mini wrote: »
    Lawlor's Hotel. I think I'll just drive. The idea of a 10 minute train journey was appealing!

    You'll be quicker driving. Since the train service began, the feeder bus hasn't changed apart from the bus getting smaller.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭ coffeepls


    Probably be cheaper driving too.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,374 ✭✭✭✭ foggy_lad


    n97 mini wrote: »
    Darn, not much good to me, need to be in Naas for 8pm and return around 10pm.

    There is a townlink service operated by JJ Kavanaghs between Clane and Naas that stops in Sallins outside the "Arrow" station.

    http://jjkavanagh.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Route-Naas-Sallins-Clane.pdf

    Might not be any use as the first bus gets into Naas post office at 8.04am but it is often faster or slower than the timetable.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭ Grandeeod


    foggy_lad wrote: »
    There is a townlink service operated by JJ Kavanaghs between Clane and Naas that stops in Sallins outside the "Arrow" station.

    http://jjkavanagh.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Route-Naas-Sallins-Clane.pdf

    Might not be any use as the first bus gets into Naas post office at 8.04am but it is often faster or slower than the timetable.

    OP was looking at the pm not am.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Onboarding


    Hi all,
    I checked the feeder bus timetable (16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf) to find out the time each arrives at the Sallins&Naas rail station, but it is a bit tricky to understand.
    I live near the Monread Park and I know the feeder bus passes on that middle (unnamed road on Google Maps) linking Morell area.
    Anyone knows around what time I could get on the feeder bus at this "unnamed road" in time to arrive at the station by 7am every workday?
    Thanks a lot!

    PS. By the way, anyone knows that road name?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭ thelawman


    the bus goes through about 6:30am , train leaves for Dublin at 6:50


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ Lord Glentoran


    Onboarding wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I checked the feeder bus timetable (16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf) to find out the time each arrives at the Sallins&Naas rail station, but it is a bit tricky to understand.
    I live near the Monread Park and I know the feeder bus passes on that middle (unnamed road on Google Maps) linking Morell area.
    Anyone knows around what time I could get on the feeder bus at this "unnamed road" in time to arrive at the station by 7am every workday?
    Thanks a lot!

    PS. By the way, anyone knows that road name?

    Last time I checked the feeder buses for Sallins and Hazelhatch weren’t on the NTA timetable. Any reason why?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Onboarding


    Thanks @thelawman!

    @Lord Glentoran I found this table at the Irish Rail site.


  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ puma90


    Hi, so what time do you get the bus now in the mornings to the train station in the park area, ive just moved to this area and need to get to the train station in the mornings.


Advertisement