Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Registered Users Posts: 45,007 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

if it is delayed, it points to a big fcuk up by Bungie. To have so little content planned for year 2, without Destiny 2 coming towards the end of it, shows they have fallen way behind schedule and aren't able to cope.

Asking the Live team to keep the game going with new content over the year when it hasn't been preplanned or worked on considerably at this point is just going to lead to massive disappointments when this event based DLC is released.

I can see Bungie needing to do a lot to win back the good faith of the player base when Destiny 2 does roll around, following the mess they have made of content/story/balancing they have made in Destiny 1.

Fcuk me I hope The Division is good enough to keep me engaged, as I think Destiny is basically finished; if the rpeorts are true.

Tbh I ain't fussed if it is delayed, the longer they work on the game the better it'll turn out.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Tbh I ain't fussed if it is delayed, the longer they work on the game the better it'll turn out.

i just think Destiny 2 coming out this year is the only reasonable excuse for no proper content being added to Destiny 1. If there is no Destiny 2 this year then year 2 of destiny is an abject failure.

i just think Destiny 2 coming out this year is the only reasonable excuse for no proper content being added to Destiny 1. If there is no Destiny 2 this year then year 2 of destiny is an abject failure.

Well if Destiny 2 did come out in September that would be the start of year 3, so if you put it like that year 2 is going to be a failure anyway.

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Well if Destiny 2 did come out in September that would be the start of year 3, so if you put it like that year 2 is going to be a failure anyway.

but there is an excuse if Destiny 2 is just around the corner. If it isn't then there is no excuse for the mess Bungie have made.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I really hope that they delay it if it's not finished. They had years to complete Destiny and the start was a bit of a joke so I am not confident that setting 2 year deadlines thereafter is a good plan. Just get it out when it's ready.

but there is an excuse if Destiny 2 is just around the corner. If it isn't then there is no excuse for the mess Bungie have made.

It could still come out this year just might be later than September, I'd say Bungie's main aim would be to get it out before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Everybody needs to pay attention to the very last line of that report. It is very salient when it comes to Vanilla Destiny, TTK business model, TTK DLC and content issues, and Destiny 2 release schedule. Bungie are not the decision makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

If it means a better game then im glad they are delaying it. Naughty dog delayed UC4 to make it a better game apparantly. Bungie could be in a similar position. And ye it would be great to get more content in between but didnt they also say they don't expect to keep people playing all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

If Eurogamer said water is wet. I'd still stick my hand in just to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

They probably scrapped most of it and are starting from scratch again :D.

Sequels represent the start of a new adventure for every player, with new worlds to explore, new stories to tell, new powers to acquire, new loot to earn, and much more. This led us to a decision that would enable us to serve both the game and the player’s best interests: Destiny 1 power, possessions, and Eververse-related items and currency will not carry forward. They will, however, remain accessible to you in Destiny 1.

We know that, just like us, you have grown fond of the Guardians you’ve created, so we do plan to preserve your character personalization. We are going to recognize the dedication and passion you’ve shown for this world. Specifically, the class, race, gender, face, hair, and marking selections for all characters that have achieved Level 20 and completed the Black Garden story mission will carry forward. We also plan to award those veteran accounts with honors that reflect your Destiny 1 accomplishments.

We believe this is the best path forward. It allows us to introduce the major advancements and improvements that all of us expect from a sequel, ensuring it will be the best game we can create, unencumbered by the past. We’re looking forward to sharing more details with you later this year for how we will honor your legacy in the future.

So, Destiny 2 is, so far, on course for a release this year. We know next to nothing about it, apart from our characters Race and appearance choices being carried forward, and some inference that the Cabal will be the main antagonists, based on a Mega Bloks leak. (It's also a personal hope that we see a Cabal based Raid)

I believe they are using a new game engine which will improve and speed up the process of adding new / moving existing terrain assets, which was a serious impediment in D1. (It was reported that it could take hours to just open up a game map file before even beginning to move/add assets).

One thing I do expect to see though, is the continuation of their Live Action Trailers, of which we've 3:

Destiny Official Trailer - Law of the Jungle

Destiny Live Action Trailer - Become Legend

The Taken King - Evils Most Wanted

General consensus here is E3 will be the launching stage for D2, so until then Guardians, hear the City's prayer and remember: You have been a refuge for us, a tower of strength against the enemy. Do not falter now lest the End of Days descend upon us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cant wait till E3. Should see alot of Destiny 2 at it.

Will be so interesting to see just how different the game will be to what we are playing now. from what updates they will do to the characters - to what lessons they have learned from destiny 1 in terms of economy and progression. Even how the game will be presented to us - will we have the same hub system we have now or will it be more immediate and how will missions etc be built around that.

Gonna be fun hoping on the hype train!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Can't wait for the second instalment. By far and away the most community based game I've ever played. You lot have a lot to be proud of/answer for. lol.

Out of curiosity are ye still playing the first game or like me have moved away from it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Threads merged :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The 1 and only thing I want too see in D2 is MORE VAULT SPACE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Might not need more Vault space, or a Vault period depending on how they review things like Loadouts, Levelling up, Attack Values, Armour Sets, Transmorg etc.

It could be a completely different Sheep

Maybe more Kiosks, who knows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The 1 and only thing I want too see in D2 is MORE VAULT SPACE :D

Actually the more and more I think about this, I reckon it's the last thing I need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

72cqYXI.jpg

From an Italian GameStop apparently

pwVPm

Feels a little early for posters to be getting sent to shops. I would have thought a good 2 months before an official announcement (with the first big trailer/info reveal at E3, imo).

72cqYXI.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Ill take 41 tickets for the hype train for me an my Titan army please :D

Feels a little early for posters to be getting sent to shops. I would have thought a good 2 months before an official announcement (with the first big trailer/info reveal at E3, imo).

A Friday release doesn't feel right either.

September is only 6 months away in fairness plus by the looks of the poster there will be a playable beta again so that will be approx a month before so August..... nah get the hype train started now goddamit :D

I dunno. Doesn't seem that early if they're gonna give beta spots to those who preorders well in advance. And games are sometimes released on a Friday. It could be announced in the next while with a reveal scheduled for e3

Only thing that would make me doubt it's authenticity is the big 2 behind Destiny

Only thing that would make me doubt it's authenticity is the big 2 behind Destiny

That "2" is in the same font they use all over the game will ya stop :pac:

The suros shotgun just looks like a reskinned chaperone too.

It could well be true,but I'm just not buying it for a variety of reasons, mostly based on the plan I have internally thought of for a Destiny 2 reveal. So, in reality, based on nothing.

I just would have thought promotional posters would go to shops really close to the official announcement, to avoid leaks like this.

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    September is only 6 months away in fairness plus by the looks of the poster there will be a playable beta again so that will be approx a month before so August..... nah get the hype train started now goddamit :D

98c.gif

Advertisement