Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

gym work

• 12-01-2016 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

new year's resolution was to get to the gym to do a bit of core work

what are cyclist's best leg strength exercises - i need to build up the muscles around my knee

will squats and knee presses assist with building general leg power also ? Can anyone advise of specific power build exercises

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭shawnxxiong

Hi, how's your gym training goes? I am going to start a new work end of August, and going to commute by bike and need training before that. Do you have some advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I had great results using the gym to come back from injury. Had a problem with my knee due to weak glutes allowing it to track inwards on the pedal stroke, building them up with lunges really sorted it out.

I was really happy with the results so kept going back, a program featuring squats, lunges and core work all with and without weights really helped with my cycling form and training goals.

Haven't been in a month though at this stage, I'd far prefer to be riding my bike! I'll go back once the season winds down I think.

Advertisement