Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liverpool supporters club - Jim Cashman's is the spot supposedly?

• 11-01-2016 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm just after moving to Cork and I heard that there's a Liverpool supporters club in the city which apparently meets in Jim Cashman's pub. I'd definitely be interested in joining so I wonder can I just turn up on Wednesday night for the Arsenal game and speak to someone there?

Anyone here a member of the club or know how these things work? Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

They are still trying to get back from Exeter. I know one of the lads that works in Cashmans, I'll see if he can tell me the inside story.
    From a noisy neighbour.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Preachers on Washington St. usually hosts a lot of Pool fans, sort of an un-official LFC supporters bar.

Edit : However, its bloody tiny, although Cashmans isnt much bigger either being honest. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Hi everyone,

I'm just after moving to Cork and I heard that there's a Liverpool supporters club in the city which apparently meets in Jim Cashman's pub. I'd definitely be interested in joining so I wonder can I just turn up on Wednesday night for the Arsenal game and speak to someone there?

Anyone here a member of the club or know how these things work? Thanks in advance! :)

Friend of mine is/was half involved, I'll give him a text there for ya.

Also, if you're into football and now living in Cork, you should definitely head to a game out in Turners Cross. LOI season starts March 4th, Cork City play Bohs at TC, there will be a huge crowd at it and I guarantee you'll have a great night, shouldn't clash with any Liverpool games as its a Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

CHealy wrote: »
    Friend of mine is/was half involved, I'll give him a text there for ya.

Cheers! :)
    CHealy wrote: »
    Also, if you're into football and now living in Cork, you should definitely head to a game out in Turners Cross. LOI season starts March 4th, Cork City play Bohs at TC, there will be a huge crowd at it and I guarantee you'll have a great night, shouldn't clash with any Liverpool games as its a Friday night.

I live a 5-minute walk away from TC so I'll definitely be catching a few Cork City games this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Would this be the best spot to watch the liverpool game on Wed night,if not where would you recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Would this be the best spot to watch the liverpool game on Wed night,if not where would you recommend?

Where about me will you be in the city? Will you be alone or in a group?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What was the name of the pub near maccurtain street that a lot of liverpool supporters drank in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭.red.

What was the name of the pub near maccurtain street that a lot of liverpool supporters drank in?

Brannigans?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

.red. wrote: »
    Brannigans?

That's the one, is it still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

That's the one, is it still open?

No it’s closed ages

Looked like it’s was been worked on few months back but never opened

• Advertisement

So where would the best spot be to watch the game on wed,is the woolshed any good

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where about me will you be in the city? Will you be alone or in a group?

So where would the best spot be to watch the game on wed,is the woolshed any good

I asked you the above

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I asked you the above

Just myself and another lad,just looking to go somewhere with a bit of atmosphere tbh

Just myself and another lad,just looking to go somewhere with a bit of atmosphere tbh

Will ye be in the city center? Where ye coming from ? North side / South side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Ya woolshed is a great spot
    I recommend it for games Defo !
    Food , beers and big crowds so good atmosphere and BARCADIA is next door if you like beer and old arcade games

Apologies I was gonna suggest Brannigans if it was still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Woolshed probably best. Haven't seen a better quality projector in the city.
    Reardens, An Brog, Rising Sons all got big screens too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Goaldigger10

The number of reds around town it really is a shame there’s not a bigger collective group of reds who make a decent pub it’s home.

Fair play Cashmans is a decent pub but the fas are stuck upstairs in a pokey room.

Advertisement