Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 04/01/2016 *Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Woah woah woah.... I thought we established on this forum that Miz is awesome and criminally underused :cool:

Miz...great character.... painfully average wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

beakerjoe wrote: »

Sure he's average but I think his character & charisma make up for it when he's actually given something to do. Not suggesting he gets back into the main event scene but definitely think he's worth a hell of a lot more than random segments of Miz TV where he's essentially a secondary (sometimes tertiary) character. This time last year he & Sandow were a highlight of RAW every week. Since then he had a short feud where he played 2nd fiddle to Show & Ryback and nothing else. Thought they were going to do something with him & Neville but that seems to have been dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,774 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And I think the even worse Superman Punch is more his finisher than the spear, isn't it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm still waiting for a proper reason why they haven't fired him yet apart from cos it's wrestling and lets ignore such things.

He beat the crap out of his boss, the COO, HHH - okay Steph said HHH didn't want him fired presumably he wants to exact revenge but she then said maybe Vince would fire him.

So what happens when Vinnie Mac shows up...Roman Superman punches the chairman / owner of the company he works for then 2 weeks later he does it again....

so how do they respond... screw you Roman your title will be on the line in match X (Special Ref / Rumble)... No fire him and just strip him of the title he keeps physically attacking his bosses and when he isn't doing that your talking about how he is showing you no respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I'm still waiting for a proper reason why they haven't fired him yet apart from cos it's wrestling and lets ignore such things.

He beat the crap out of his boss, the COO, HHH - okay Steph said HHH didn't want him fired presumably he wants to exact revenge but she then said maybe Vince would fire him.

So what happens when Vinnie Mac shows up...Roman Superman punches the chairman / owner of the company he works for then 2 weeks later he does it again....

so how do they respond... screw you Roman your title will be on the line in match X (Special Ref / Rumble)... No fire him and just strip him of the title he keeps physically attacking his bosses and when he isn't doing that your talking about how he is showing you no respect.

I'm assuming it's the ol Stone Cold mantra where the boss hates him but realizes he brings him a lot of money and has use to him, so as a compromise makes his life a living hell while he works for him?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm assuming it's the ol Stone Cold mantra where the boss hates him but realizes he brings him a lot of money and has use to him, so as a compromise makes his life a living hell while he works for him?

they need to verbalize that on one of the rare nights when the crowd are actually chanting for Reigns (like this Raw) then.

getting revenge is all good but if im Steph and one of my employees keeps superman punching my 70 year old father the very least id do is strip him of the title.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

beakerjoe wrote: »

this. id put him at below average though. Hes found his level. Put him in with more Sandow like bits and whatnot and thats where he works best.

I dunno, seems like a really forced stone cold angle. and heres the issue... they dont stop reminding us how good the attitude era was. they promote the crap out of it on the network, have its stars spring up all the time (Jericho was on this raw for instance, and so was stone cold) and then they just copy/paste the whole angle hoping it will work. But then they ignore why the original angle worked with stone cold and just kind of make this big stupid mess and book themselves into a corner so you have awful television like the raw ending the other night.
    There is a massive divide in the back from what I can tell. Either that or they have forgotten how to write / book

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

This is off topic but thought it would be worth throwing in here as the WM travel forum / thread is dead...

Return flights to Dallas for Wrestlemania have dropped to €320. That's Dublin to Dallas and back for that price which is mental cheap.
    I got ours earlier.. it had dropped to that price twice in the last month but only for a day or 2.. so anyone considering heading to Mania, now is a great time to make the call...

Advertisement