Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Year's Eve plans

• 31-12-2015 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

So what exciting plans do we have for the next part of the festive season? We'll be doing the same thing we do every year: take away (duck massaman from Diep - I like to plan my meals way in advance :D) and a bottle of bubbly. If there's nothing on TV we'll watch Star Wars (4,5 and 6, not 1, 2 and 3!) so that we're ready to watch the new one next week. My happy jar (When something that makes me happy happens I write it down and put the piece of paper in a jar) was a bit of a failure this year because I kind of forgot about it around March, but we'll still read though it and remember how lovely 2015 was.

The excitement. :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well my New Year's Eve plans are ruined this year cause of work. I'm working New Year's Eve and my fiancée is working New Year's Day at 8am.

So we're having dinner and wine at home and we will ring the new year at home just the two of us.

I'm planning on taking a picture of the day each day in 2016 to sum up my year today. Hopefully I'll stick to it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I'm staying with my fiancé in his parents' house at the moment, so we might head out to one of the local pubs here. Nothing major, neither of us are keen on big nights out for NYE :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Staying in this evening with a nice bottle of southern comfort. Just working on the stuffing and turkey now, it's going to be a delicious one again today and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Well Mr glitzgirl is at a work wedding and as it was impossible to get a sitter tonight I made the hard decision to stay at home in my pjs with kids eating the remaining sweets and watching some of the millions of things recorded or on dvd here. Just spent the last 20 minutes chasing my kids around the dining room table trying to catch them and steal their balloon lol :) the poor neighbours will think we've cracked with all the shouting and laughing here at minute.

Then later it will be take out and a glass of wine for me and a well deserved ly on and relaxing start to 2016 ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Well my New Year's Eve plans are ruined this year cause of work. I'm working New Year's Eve and my fiancée is working New Year's Day at 8am.

So we're having dinner and wine at home and we will ring the new year at home just the two of us.

I'm planning on taking a picture of the day each day in 2016 to sum up my year today. Hopefully I'll stick to it haha.
    Ugh working on New Year's Day already sucks without having to start at 8. Poor her.

That photo idea is lovely. I might try that.

Managed to pick up a bottle of Moet for €30 in Tesco (and paid with vouchers so it was free!) so that will go down nicely tonight.

If any parents want to get their kids to bed before midnight, Netflix apparently has a countdown you can play at any time to make them believe they've stayed up until midnight. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

We didn't get to spend New Years at home last year which was our first New Years in the new house so staying in tonight might catch an early dinner somewhere then back to base camp, we have a bottle of champagne that was a gift when we moved in and I've been keeping it up so I have that chilling for later, just saying to himself I'm kinda sorry I didn't pick up a turkey&ham for today it would have been an experience neither of us ever cooked a turkey😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

We're staying in the year, for the last few we brought the kids out for an early dinner but the restaurant closed so no where we can think of this year.

Have a bucket load of nibbles from Marks and we're going to do a platter with wine and processco when the time comes. Going to watch the last hobbit film

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Sitting in. Delighted. The baby isn't in great form with the routine upset over the season and he also seems to have a slight tummy bug. So the fire is lit. He's currently snoozing his brains out. When he gets up he's gonna spend the evening playing in the sitting room. We will have a simple dinner of fish and chips (quorn bake for me) with prosecco. I've all the stuff there to make a lime pie and the remains of the cheese board I started last night.
    This has been the best year of my life so far. We'll see it off as we spent it. Cosy and simple with a few little treats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

We are with my parents so we are going for a meal together and then I'll ring in the New year at my family home. My young children will stay up until they want to. They love tonight's party and look forward to it every Christmas.

I want to make special memories for them now as I know in a few years the last place they'll want to be for 31/12 is with their mum and dad!

Advertisement