Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV repair service?

Options
  • 28-12-2015 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Year old TV has developed a fault, can anyone suggest a good local TV repair service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Can you describe the fault and also the make and model. There may be help online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Its a Samsung 40" LED and though there's power to the unit its not powering on ( power led flashing red) despite trying different Samsung remotes. Online searches suggest the problem is with the panel.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

How close is it to being a year old TV?

would you not go back to place of purchase first ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I'd bring it back to the seller citing the two year EC directive on supply of goods fit for purpose http://www.eccireland.ie/popular-consumer-topics/buying-goods-and-services/

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    I'd bring it back to the seller citing the two year EC directive on supply of goods fit for purpose http://www.eccireland.ie/popular-consumer-topics/buying-goods-and-services/

Bought from Ibood about 22 months ago. Apparently they're hair pulling out frustrating in terms of after sales, and I've only a little bit of hair left, so thought I might explore cost of repair.
    Really appreciate that piece of legislation- grazie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭worded

Does that over ride the manufacturer warranty of say a PC or laptop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

First point of call would be to go back to the place where you bought it but that seems to be a littl challenging - the only real benefit of from buying from a bricks and mortar shop! I have no idea of who is responsible when, but from what I read, the seller has to provide the goods fit for purpose (two years warranty). So maybe if you have a warranty longer than that I'd say you get in touch with the manufacturer.

edit: OP, why not contact Samsung directly and explain the symptoms. Maybe they can organise a repair directly with a local technician FOC.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kyousuke

My old Samsung TV (a couple years old) developed the same fault. The power light would blink if you tried to turn it on.

It was a while ago but I did some research and it had to do with a faulty part on the TV's board. There was no reason to get it repaired and it was out of warranty anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

If this is not sorted you could try this company in Stilorgan

Link

A bit of a hike but it might be worth giving them a call and describing the problem.

First point of call would be to go back to the place where you bought it but that seems to be a littl challenging - the only real benefit of from buying from a bricks and mortar shop! I have no idea of who is responsible when, but from what I read, the seller has to provide the goods fit for purpose (two years warranty). So maybe if you have a warranty longer than that I'd say you get in touch with the manufacturer.

edit: OP, why not contact Samsung directly and explain the symptoms. Maybe they can organise a repair directly with a local technician FOC.[/QU
    company I bought from is arranging collection for repair.
    Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

PSRA in Newtownmountkennedy do monitor repairs. Fixed many a computer monitor for me down the years. They may look at your TV.
    http://www.psra.ie/monitors/lcd-monitors.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smokwawelskiii

Hi. I have a question regarding TV services. Can anyone point me to TV Service for old CRT TVs? I have Commodore 1084S-P1 that yesterday stopped displaying image. High pitched sound comming from inside. Green led still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Hi. I have a question regarding TV services. Can anyone point me to TV Service for old CRT TVs? I have Commodore 1084S-P1 that yesterday stopped displaying image. High pitched sound comming from inside. Green led still on.

As above post>>>>>http://www.psra.ie/monitors/crt-monitors.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

Is it just the video that failed or the raster? If the screen fails to light up at all ( raster failure) accompanied by a high pitched sound then it is most likely the line output transformer. This would mean an expensive repair and not economically viable on an old TV set. Phone ahead and describe the fault to confirm.

Advertisement