Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I (a male) buy the morning after pill in Cork City?

Options
  • 28-12-2015 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

You can guess by the title what happened, and while my girlfriend is currently unable to travel very far I am on duty to try buy her this morning after pill, so I ask,
    Can I, a male buy the morning after pill in Cork City Centre?
    I only ask because I have previously heard that men can't buy it, women need clearance from their GP's, etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

You can get it without prescription but I don't think a man can buy it as the woman has to answer a series of questions with the pharmacist before it will be dispensed.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Maybe your girlfriend could phone the pharmacy, explain the situation and if they are happy you could go pick it up?

I'd imagine the big chains would be a no go. Otherwise if she could get out to the place that is open late on the kinsale road that might be an option later this evening. You probably know though there is a time window on the morning after pill so don't leave it too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Oh ya, the "Girlfriend"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

haha thats a funny The Kew? skitting.. Let us know if you could i would think no also

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

I know boots started doing it without prescription but don't know if a male can pick it up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'd try and find a sensible pharmacist and explain what happened and offer to let them speak to her on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

promises wrote: »
    I know boots started doing it without prescription but don't know if a male can pick it up though.

Really? I was sure a prescription was needed to get the pill here?

No , not anymore. You have a private consultation with chemist and not just boots. Thank goodness. Used to be an awful nuisance and waste of money for people trekking to the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭_davidsmith_

"

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TONY09

There are many reasons to have forums like this one,now the the
    information and help asked by this thread seems a very positive
    and genuine request for help.Keep up the good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 TONY09

There are many reasons to have forums like this one,now the

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

TONY09 wrote: »
    There are many reasons to have forums like this one,now the the

I'm hopeful he got sorted for the morning after pill a bit sooner than 5 days after his original post.

Any chance the op could clear up how he got on, just to set the record straight?

Can you not just claim to be gender fluid? Who's a pharmacist to label you as a 'male' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

yep would be good to know...

Does it matter really? They either got sorted or they didn't. There is enough advice on this thread that someone can use. Which is go in and chance your arm, ring the pharmacy and chance your arm or all failing get the girlfriend to go in and get the pill. It really is none of our business. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Don't you have to actually take it in the pharmacy in front of the pharmacist? Maybe I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Don't you have to actually take it in the pharmacy in front of the pharmacist? Maybe I'm wrong.

Not gonna help much if that guy takes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Lia_lia wrote: »

I think you need to have your blood pressure taken. It's not suitable for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RMUCKY

Was all clear in the end thank God lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Can you not just claim to be gender fluid? Who's a pharmacist to label you as a 'male' :P

might be worth a try

v3UBY90.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement