Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do you drink

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I did attend some meetings and impression was very much of people blaming external forces, and other people, for their drinking. Seemed to be quite a lot of relapsing going on as well!

Anyway, that aside, I had not fully committed myself to stopping at that time. I think I have now.

There is always the possibility you heard what you wanted to hear, dismissed it, and then went back drinking, which is what happened, right? It's what many of us have done, myself included, believe me, my hearing seemed to improve by miles after another thrashing from the bottle, lol ;)

Anyways:
    I sincerely wish you luck/success with your current plan to stay off it.
    But if you find yourself back at it again, despite having a long list of reasons as to why you shouldn't, despite perhaps not even really wanting to-- AA will still be here, for free and for fun :) It's not for everyone, but it is always the "last house on the block" for real drunks.

Take care.

Advertisement