Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest TV & Broadband Bundle???

Options
  • 25-11-2015 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

My family and I are signed on with Eir, and the TV, Broadband and Home Phone are costing us €95 a month which is becoming too much to keep maintaining.

I'm not sure what this Saorview thing is, or if their is another service provider that will be cheaper monthly because we want to change over now.

Does anyone know what we can do? Or what company is cheaper in terms of TV & Broadband, internet being the most important, as we rarely use the home phone.

Any suggestions would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Try going down the combo/combi box route regarding your TV; it's D.I.Y. job.

Sit down with your family members, ask them to list all the channels they watch, particularly those they watch on a regular, daily basis.

Identify what's Saorview/FTA/FTV & if majority are, say 80-90% plus then ditch the TV Subscription; in some cases, and I speak as a UPC Customer, there's far more (incl. Red Button functionality for BBC for Olympic years) on combo boxes that I don't have; not sure if Sky or Eircom have this though.

Depending on location UPC Broadband may not be available to you but if it is, once I ditch my TV I'll be paying €45/Monthly for BB & Phone (they don't allow individual product; has to be a bundle); however if you're a new customer they will probably better this price wise for the basic 120 MB BB which is unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Eir do standalone broadband,cut out the tv/phone part and it's €39 a month.As Nokia6230i said,look into a FTA combi box,you'll get UK and Irish channels for free,also to supplement this have a gander in the Android forums about Android boxes.There's the world of stuff available on them for free. (Look up KODI on youtube)

Advertisement