Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Dimensions - PS3 or Wii u

Options
  • 24-11-2015 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

So, Santa is bringing my kids (9 and 7) a Wii U for Christmas.
    My 7 year old is Lego crazy and wants to get Lego Dimensions.

My question is, should we get it for the Wii U or the PS3? They currently use my PS3 for other Lego games etc.

Is there any disadvantage to getting it for PS3 that i should know of?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Hi guys,

So, Santa is bringing my kids (9 and 7) a Wii U for Christmas.
    My 7 year old is Lego crazy and wants to get Lego Dimensions.

My question is, should we get it for the Wii U or the PS3? They currently use my PS3 for other Lego games etc.

Is there any disadvantage to getting it for PS3 that i should know of?

Big disadvantage is it is very expensive overall!!!

It is a good idea, but the problem I found is that you can get far in the game unless you keep buying the different sets.
    I think we are at 250 in total spent so far, outside the game!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

allibastor wrote: »
    Big disadvantage is it is very expensive overall!!!

It is a good idea, but the problem I found is that you can get far in the game unless you keep buying the different sets.
    I think we are at 250 in total spent so far, outside the game!!!

I thought you could play all of the levels, but only as the 3 characters from the starter set - but that you can buy additional characters which i guess will have different abilities etc.

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I thought you could play all of the levels, but only as the 3 characters from the starter set - but that you can buy additional characters which i guess will have different abilities etc.

Yeah, you can play a few levels, more than a few to be fair, but to progress in the game and to unlock certain levels you need new characters.

Plus, if yours are anything like mine, the 3 starter players get boring very quick.

Things like Lego Jurassic park and so on have proven better for my young ones!

So no opinion on which version to buy then? Wii U or PS3?

I would go Wii U as it is more interactive and fun looking.
    The PS3 will be just like suing any other console, but the Wii at least has some movement in it.

I never understood why the Wii didnt take off, any of the games I played on it were always fun, my 5 year old still gets a sweat up doing the Wii boxing games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

allibastor wrote: »
    I never understood why the Wii didnt take off, any of the games I played on it were always fun, my 5 year old still gets a sweat up doing the Wii boxing games!

Nintendo marketed it as a kids toy. Playstation and Xbox were seen by many as being more serious systems. Nintendo made a balls of it.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Nintendo marketed it as a kids toy. Playstation and Xbox were seen by many as being more serious systems. Nintendo made a balls of it.

Yeah, i suppose now that you think back it did. Its such a shame, I was actually doing the WIii boxing last night myself, good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AlexOC97

I might get this sometime just for the PORTAL 2 and Simpsons levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

lertsnim wrote: »
    Amiibo == billions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

True but it also led to millions ignoring it or using it as a door stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If you are a interested I have a PS 3 lego dimensions unopened for €85.its what it cost me.
    I bought it from argos but bought a ps4 yesterday.

Edited to correct price and retailer.

If you are a interested I have a PS 3 lego dimensions unopened for €85.its what it cost me.
    I bought it from argos but bought a ps4 yesterday.

Edited to correct price and retailer.

Thanks - but already ordered it during the week from Amazon.fr and it arrived yesterday.

Advertisement