Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

people with funny nick names

Options
  • 20-11-2015 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

do you know anyone with a funny nickname

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Grew up with a Fella Called Farto, you can probably guess why, most people don't actually know his first name

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mark085

uch wrote: »
    Grew up with a Fella Called Farto, you can probably guess why, most people don't actually know his first name

haha farto thats a good 1 i used to hang around with a chap called jockser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

It's common in Scotland for someone called "David" to have the nickname "Div".

Unfortunately the dictionary definition of a 'div' is someone who is, well, thick. I get referred to as 'Div' by a few friends here in Ireland but, oh christ did I ever get some jeers when I first mentioned it. All that has passed now but I won't forget the slaggings I had set myself up for back then.

EDIT: I should've mentioned that my name is David.................

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Some lad on the radio used to be called pampers because he shat himself when locked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I knew a fella we called Ace. People thought it was because he was good at poker or something but really it was from a chocolate bar called Ace which was advertised as Incredibly Thick Chocolate.

Advertisement