Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ufc fight pass

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I use fight pass all the time, never any lag issues. The broadcast is slightly (maybe 10-20 seconds) behind the live tv broadcast so just stay off social media if you dont want to result spoiled the second it happens. It has variable bit rates anyways so you can run it at a lower quality if your connection is struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Just a couple of quick questions about the PPV option if anyone could help.
    1. Do you have to watch it live or can you start watching at, say, 4:30 and watch it from start to finish.
    2. with the PPV option, do you have to suffer through 16 billion adds over the course of the 3 hours, that is something that is really putting me off getting a setanta sub and watching UFC 194 live.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

johnybean wrote: »
    Just a couple of quick questions about the PPV option if anyone could help.
    1. Do you have to watch it live or can you start watching at, say, 4:30 and watch it from start to finish.

You can start watching it after it has started if you wish. There is a button before you go into full screen mode titles "Live". If you click that it will you bring you to what is happening at that moment in time. Or you can watch the card back if you like
    2. with the PPV option, do you have to suffer through 16 billion adds over the course of the 3 hours, that is something that is really putting me off getting a setanta sub and watching UFC 194 live.

It cuts out and says something like "This event will be back shortly". So there's breaks but not ad breaks if you get what I mean.

You can start watching it after it has started if you wish. There is a button before you go into full screen mode titles "Live". If you click that it will you bring you to what is happening at that moment in time. Or you can watch the card back if you like

It cuts out and says something like "This event will be back shortly". So there's breaks but not ad breaks if you get what I mean.

Thanks for the clarification Mr Manager, that definitely gives me food for thought.

Thanks for the clarification Mr Manager, that definitely gives me food for thought.

Sorry for coming back again but just wondering if i could start watching after the event has started and just skip through the "breaks" when they pop up?

• Advertisement

Sorry for coming back again but just wondering if i could start watching after the event has started and just skip through the "breaks" when they pop up?

Yeah, what happens when the card starts and you replay the fights is - a little bar shows up at the bottom of the screen (when not in full screen mode) and it has icons along the way which show you "moments of interest"; submission attempts, Round 1 start, flurries etc etc.

You click on the icon and it brings you to that particular part. It's actually a fantastic feature.

Yeah, what happens when the card starts and you replay the fights is - a little bar shows up at the bottom of the screen (when not in full screen mode) and it has icons along the way which show you "moments of interest"; submission attempts, Round 1 start, flurries etc etc.

You click on the icon and it brings you to that particular part. It's actually a fantastic feature.

That sounds pretty sweet, thanks again Mr Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭elgriff

So I can stream in the fight officially no problem on the weekend? Paying not a problem. Abroad at the moment, so cant see Irish version of UFC site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I had a few problems logging into fight pass this evening. Are there or should there be any issues with been logged in from mobile and the pc at the same time?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I had a few problems logging into fight pass this evening. Are there or should there be any issues with been logged in from mobile and the pc at the same time?

You cant use it on multiple devices at the same time.

• Advertisement

elgriff wrote: »
    So I can stream in the fight officially no problem on the weekend? Paying not a problem. Abroad at the moment, so cant see Irish version of UFC site.

Depends where you are. If you are abroad then you will be using internet in that country and your ip will be from there. If you are in a country where they arent allowed show them on fight pass (the uk for example as BT have the rights) then you wont be able to view it unless you can have your ip show as you being in ireland..obviously not allowed talk about such things here or how one might do that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Alright Lads, are the Fight passes up to view almost straight away.

Basically I want to watch Thursday fight Night and Friday TUF final on Saturday before 194, will they be made available ot view straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

fitzparker wrote: »

Basically I want to watch Thursday fight Night and Friday TUF final on Saturday before 194, will they be made available ot view straight away?

Yep playback available straight away , just dont enter fightpass via ufc.com if you want to avoid spoilers

Answered before but yeah. They are usually available very shortly after the event was aired. You'll definitely be able to watch the two events before 194.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,010 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fight pass events are are availible to watch from when they air live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

if i sign up am i restricted to the laptop or ip that i signed up on?

Old Perry wrote: »

This should answer your question
    Axwell wrote: »
    You cant use it on multiple devices at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Old Perry wrote: »

Like Mr Manager said basically your login determines access across all platforms.

You want to login to laptop fair enough,your friends gaff laptop fair enough etc but you can't be logged in simultaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Not sure if this has been answered before but if I sign up to Fight Pass free trial can i watch the main event in Ireland?

I have signed up to Fight Pass and I am on the UFC 194 main event section of UFC.tv but I do not see any options to purchase the main event?

Is it a case if you sign up to Fight Pass that the main event is free to watch in Ireland?

https://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-194

Fight pass only gets you the prelims.

The main event is a PPV event..you need to buy it.

Are you based in ireland and on an irish ip address - if so then you should be seeing the option to purchase the event on that screen.

ocCLihh.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Kildafornia

Alright lads? I'm signed up to ufc.tv and clicked on UFC194 where it says €17.99 gets me the HD version. Happy days. Then up pops a request for $79 bucks! I'm in Ireland with an Eircom IP address, but it looks like BT are getting their greedy mits on Irish viewers too. Now I'm watching this on an Amazon fire stick, does that make a difference?

Alright lads? I'm signed up to ufc.tv and clicked on UFC194 where it says €17.99 gets me the HD version. Happy days. Then up pops a request for $79 bucks! I'm in Ireland with an Eircom IP address, but it looks like BT are getting their greedy mits on Irish viewers too. Now I'm watching this on an Amazon fire stick, does that make a difference?

Is the 79 quid not the 12 month subscription?

Is the 79 quid not the 12 month subscription?

No Richard, it's €7.99 / month with the first 7 days free. You submit your CC / PayPal details and you're in. I'm already able to watch TUF episodes and other free content so it's happy that I have a fight pass.

You are talking about 2 separate things. Fight pass is not the same as ufc.tv - also it has nothing to do with BT.

Fight pass is 7.99 per month as you say. But this has nothing to do with the purchase of the event on ufc.tv you can buy that completely separate and they operate independently.

Most likely it is you are viewing it through the amazon fire and your being seen as being in America when trying to make the purcahse which would be the higher price. Have you looked at the site through your laptop to see if it shows up at the regular price on their? (which i imagine it will)

Ok im a little worried now.

First off I paid the €17.99 for the main event which I think is fine for now.
    I signed up to fight pass at €5.99 a month for 12 months. This €71.88 payment went through my paypal. I just checked my paypal now and it says the seller has cancelled the subscription??? Yet in fight pass it all looks fine and says next billing date is the 14th of dec. Is this standard ?

Look in paypal and you should have an auto renewal subscription payment for fight pass - coming out every month at 7.99 as oppose to a one off payment. If thats there then its grand, they dont take the money all at once you just agree to a subscription with them at that rate. You can cancel it at any time. Its just if you go for 3 or 6 months its at a different price. Or you can buy a years subscription at 5.99 for the 12 months but they take the full amount out.

Edit: Sorry should clarify as what I wrote doesnt make complete sense. You either pay up front (the full amount) and get it at a reduced cost of 5.99 a month and commit to the 12 months or you pay it every month at 7.99 which is per month but obviously costs you slightly more in the end.

Also as mentioned below it would depend if you signed up for the 7 day trial or not first as oppose to the subscription. If thats the case then you have the trial for 7 days and payment for the full amount hasnt come out but will unless you cancel before then. If you dont then the full amount will come out as you seem to have signed up for the 12 month commitment at 5.99 as oppose to the month by month one at 7.99

Axwell wrote: »
    You are talking about 2 separate things. Fight pass is not the same as ufc.tv - also it has nothing to do with BT.

Fight pass is 7.99 per month as you say. But this has nothing to do with the purchase of the event on ufc.tv you can buy that completely separate and they operate independently.

Most likely it is you are viewing it through the amazon fire and your being seen as being in America when trying to make the purcahse which would be the higher price. Have you looked at the site through your laptop to see if it shows up at the regular price on their? (which i imagine it will)

Fair enough. The amazon fire is linked to my account, which is right here is Eire, so I don't see how they would think I'm stateside. Sounds like what is happening though. I'll try a DNS changer / location blocker and see what happens. Cheers

Ok im a little worried now.

First off I paid the €17.99 for the main event which I think is fine for now.
    I signed up to fight pass at €5.99 a month for 12 months. This €71.88 payment went through my paypal. I just checked my paypal now and it says the seller has cancelled the subscription??? Yet in fight pass it all looks fine and says next billing date is the 14th of dec. Is this standard ?

Is this not because they are giving you a 7 day free trial, and the payment won't come out until next week?

Is the franky vs mendez fight part of ufc 194. I'm sitting up to watch it but I'm not sure if I'll receive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is the franky vs mendez fight part of ufc 194. I'm sitting up to watch it but I'm not sure if I'll receive it?

It's part of tonight's Ultimate Fighter finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

.all sorted.

Advertisement