Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Backward Compatability

Options
  • 17-11-2015 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭

I'm humming and hawing on which next gen console I will be buying. I have a sh!t tonne of xbox360 and ps3 games some physical copies, other downloaded versions, plenty of which I'd still play. Can I play these games on next gen consoles?

So with that in mind which console offers the best solution, or even what's the general concensus as to which is the better console ??

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm humming and hawing on which next gen console I will be buying. I have a sh!t tonne of xbox360 and ps3 games some physical copies, other downloaded versions, plenty of which I'd still play. Can I play these games on next gen consoles?

So with that in mind which console offers the best solution, or even what's the general concensus as to which is the better console ??

Thanks

Get an xbox1, ps4 does not have backwards compatibility and from what I've read, never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I think the usual answer is to buy whatever your friends have.
    Any other discussion never ends well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Get the most recent revision of either Xbox 360 and/or PS3 and hold on to it.

Xbone does seem to have the best solution though:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sorry OP, based on past experience any PS4 vs Xbox One threads never end well. On the subject of backwards compatibility, you're best off checking the individual Xbox and Playstation forums for feedback from people who own the consoles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement