Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam

Options
  • 12-10-2015 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

What is Steam?

I have heard lots about it from various gaming places.

I have a PS4, can it be used on that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's a marketplace for PC games. It can only be used on computers, not consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Steam is a digital distributor of games. You install it on your pc/mac/laptop etc... and then games you buy are accessed through it as well as being able to buy codes from other sites and redeem them on steam and link other games to your steam account even if they are uplay, origin etc...
    It also allows you to manage your friends list and see what they are playing etc... as well as being able to take screenshots etc...

No you can't use it on ps4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Ok,

Thanks, just didnt know what it was!!-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Steam is Skynet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I have a steam account but I only have one game on it and that is Train Simulator 2016. I have had it for one month so far.

Here is what I know so far about using Steam.

There are some CD-Rom games on the market, like the one I mentioned above, which has a leaflet/booklet page inside the box that has a specific code to allow you to use your game on a steam account. It is set up for you free of charge once you set up an email address, a password and then use it to insert your game codes once it's done.

You can buy yourself games on Digital copy and accessories there at any time but they are expensive to purchase from the service.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

You can buy yourself games on Digital copy and accessories there at any time but they are expensive to purchase from the service.
    Not during the sales! Steam isn't always the cheapest but compared to console games the prices on Steam can be ridiculously low at times. €20 during the sale can buy you games to keep you going for a year if you don't already have a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Steam!? I know not of this thing ;)

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

I have a steam account but I only have one game on it and that is Train Simulator 2015. I have had it for one month so far.

Ah, another trainsimmer. I thought I was alone:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Skerries wrote: »
    Steam!? I know not of this thing ;)

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

This game? http://store.steampowered.com/app/70300/

Anyway steam is ok.

I reccomend anyone install Enhanced Steam in your browser of choice and use it like that when making purchases because you can still use tabs and it will list competitor's prices so you can make an informed purchase. More often than not steam is not the cheapest one around but most of the keys still activate on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Steam is a wonderful gift to mankind, bestowed upon us by our lord and savior Gaben.

(quality control is a bit $h!t though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

no :D I was pointing at my signature vvv

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

With the original questions answered, I would direct the OP to the PC Gaming forum for any more specific queries you may have :)

Here! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1613

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement