Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun Life

• 07-10-2015 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there anybody out there who work or worked for Sun Life. What are the hours like, I know its shifts but what kind??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Claudia91

I oould like to know as well. Is it like typical call center? ( desk agent).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Claudia91 wrote:
    I oould like to know as well. Is it like typical call center? ( desk agent).

I think they mainly serve the Canadian market, so there's a lot of evenings and nights, some day shifts of course to. I do believe it's a typical call centre setup, but of course there are other roles available to, depending on your qualifications and what you apply for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

depends on the role you have applied for..
    they have a service desk which services the US/Canadian offices for support
    most shifts start between 11am and 1pm, but it is 24/7 so there is shift rotation and nites and weekend are agreed seperately
    they also have a call centre for US business again shifts but not 24/7

IT roles and most other areas are flexi

great place to work and they look out for the staff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Is there anyone working in the IT part of Sunlife on here who wouldn't mind me asking a few questions privately? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

^ PM sent.

@OP Depends what kind of job you're looking for.

There is the internal (tech) help desk and there is insurance operations. And both are subject to shifts covering US timezones. The help desk also does limited support at night and on the weekends.

But for many years now the majority of SunLife is an IT organisation with normal hours and flexi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Hi everyone,

this seems to be the most recent thread for sun life. Anyone any idea what the pay is like for customer service?

Advertisement