Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Staffordshire Synthetic Stocks.

Options
  • 16-09-2015 1:40am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm on the lookout for a new stock and while i thought i had one sorted turns out i'll have to go another direction. I started looking at the usual suspects from Boyds to McMillan to Robertson, etc. then onto custom made ones.

I had a quick look at Staffordshire Symthetic Stocks and their selection hasn't really changed but one did take my fancy. Not an out and out winner, but a nice stock none the less.

I e-mailed the owner Danny. He informed me that the website is the original one which has not been updated in years. They had it when the company started and are very close to launching an all new site. So the stocks on the old site have been improved on with some new models while others have been discontinued.

I asked him for any info he could provide so he sent me the pictures below. He says the stocks are all new and some are still in design phase. There are a variety of colours and finishes other than those in the pictures. The range will include a new range of fibreglass/Carbon/Kevlar, pistol/rifle/shotgun stocks, recoil-pads, and other over-moulded-rubber component-parts that they make in-house. They are also branching out and doing new custom rifle-actions, DBM systems and stock-chassis.

I'm waiting on a price list so i don't know anymore than ye on that front.

Anyway, thought i'd share the pictures. Everything seems to be centrefire but he told me they still do rimfire stuff.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

Advertisement