Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Night Of Champions Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've always put it down to the fact that he's always been there. Not counting Undertaker (who has been part time for most of the last 4 years or so), he's been there longer than anyone else and is still an active wrestler.

Vinnie Mac is fond of loyalty from his wrestlers, he's just not always the best at reciprocating that loyalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Awww!

He was all geared up and all, lil gloves on him. In fairness, he doesn't look too out of place!

But.... this shyte has to stop. Seriously. It's only a matter of time before something serious happens. And why is it always against former Shield members?

If I was the wwe I'd stop reigns and ambrose entering through the crowd from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

They just need to get on the ball better with their ringside security and keep an eye on the barriers.

Sting looked proper hurt when he took that turnbuckle powerbomb.

I thought he looked great in the ring for a 56 year old.

Wonder will it be Sting vs Taker at WM now that Lesnar Vs Taker is due to take place at HIAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

NoC wasnt bad at all. It didnt blow me away but I wasnt expecting as much.

Owens and Ryback disappointed. Both are capable of far better, and this match didnt gather any momentum at all.

The New Day continue to shine and I enjoyed their match with the Dudleys. The finish was awful though but it does mean a rematch. Xavier is a great asset as a manger.

The Womens match dragged for me and the sting was taken out of this match after Mondays debacle. I just hope they break these teams up but Im guessing they wont.

Ruseva nd Ziggler was fine but I couldnt care less. Rusev is wasted in this feud and I havent cared for Ziggler in months

Jericho was meh, but I do look forward to his feud with either Roman or Dean.

Seth had a great night. His match with Cena was better than the Summerslam affair and it didnt have the screwy finish. Delighted Cena wins so we can have more US open challenges.

Sting showed he can still go. Seth was the perfect opponent for him and I really enjoyed the finish. The whole mess with kane and Sheamus that followed wasnt great though.

• Advertisement

I would have given this a pay per view of the year level of props if Sheamus had successfully cashed in. I really enjoyed the pay per view overall though. I'm so happy that Kevin Owens has won the Intercontinental Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

"The Dudley Boys ain't even brothers" "His legs are gone"

Woods is great but I think he got bested by Wyatt's "Is that your guy?!" ;)

Could someone edit a TV screen w/ Kane into this plz? NSFW etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ridley wrote: »
    Woods is great but I think he got bested by Wyatt's "Is that your guy?!" ;)

It was a nice ablib by Bray alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,750 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i think sting will be involved in the hell in a cell match between Taker and Brock Lesner setting up a possible Brock vs Sting at Survivor Series and that leading to the Wrestlemania match between Sting and Taker or i could be just dreaming. EDIT- Sting is injured possible retirement

Jericho vs Dean Ambrose would be good.

So Seth is going to keep the title til at least Royal Rumble, kane is not going to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,276 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dave Meltzer--Sting’s injury is significant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I felt really bad for Sting watching that last night. He did a few great spots last night but that powebomb he took looked really stiff. Fair play to him for continuing on but the way he collapsed coming off the ropes and was all over the place after that didnt look good at all. Hope he's not too badly injured

• Registered Users Posts: 37,750 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I felt really bad for Sting watching that last night. He did a few great spots last night but that powebomb he took looked really stiff. Fair play to him for continuing on but the way he collapsed coming off the ropes and was all over the place after that didnt look good at all. Hope he's not too badly injured
    feel like crap now knowing the chances of seeing of Undertaker vs Sting is slowly being taking away. Its not for the match its for the promos before hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

watching both of Seth's matches last night I was wondering why his powerbombs into the corner involved "throwing" the wrestler the last bit, and not just the safer option to take him all the way to the turnbuckle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

watching both of Seth's matches last night I was wondering why his powerbombs into the corner involved "throwing" the wrestler the last bit, and not just the safer option to take him all the way to the turnbuckle.

I think the release of the opponents legs is so they can get their feet/legs down to change the angle of impact from neck and head to shoulders to back, arms, traps. Done properly moment of impact looks similar to a normal Irish whip impact (to my untrained eye).

An actual landing on the top of the turnbuckle is a bad idea!

If you look at how D Bryan takes it as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Sting looked and did great last night. Hope to god that injury doesnt mean the end of his career. For him to take some of those bumps is phenomenal- maybe silly at his age, but still he deserves so much respect after last night.

He may the "nicest" guy in wrestling and never had any problems putting anyone over, but I hope to god that WWE can finish out his career with a highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,788 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How come since the Authority care so much about Seth that they didn't have the match with Cena as opener and Sting as the closer, to give him a break?

Do you think they'll start using the run ins as story device going forward? Maybe start planting people and use it as a way to introduce someone?

So can we expect a match on Raw between Rollins and Kane with Big Show interfering to set up a triple threat for the title? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

CastorTroy wrote: »

So can we expect a match on Raw between Rollins and Kane with Big Show interfering to set up a triple threat for the title? :p

Don't even joke about it:mad::p

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Opinions seem to be divided on Sting performance on my Twitter feed, I personally thought he was awesome last night. He put in so much effort, it was great to see.

Also, how dire was the show ending with Kane?? It's as if that rock bottom rating two weeks ago meant nothing to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

Kane needs to go back to the old mask he had. It was much better! And also needs to retire

• Registered Users Posts: 28,788 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reebrock wrote: »
    Opinions seem to be divided on Sting performance on my Twitter feed, I personally thought he was awesome last night. He put in so much effort, it was great to see.

Also, how dire was the show ending with Kane?? It's as if that rock bottom rating two weeks ago meant nothing to them.

Ah, but did you not spot the connection? There were low ratings BECAUSE Kane wasn't on tv. Watch them skyrocket now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

They just need to get on the ball better with their ringside security and keep an eye on the barriers.

The Wrestlers start beating the **** of these idiots like they used to and this won't be a problem anymore.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The Wrestlers start beating the **** of these idiots like they used to and this won't be a problem anymore.

Lay a finger on them and receive a lawsuit. It's not fair but that's life now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Was unsure about whether Sting was genuinely hurt or not (Charlotte had me going earlier with her oh fcuk expression coming off the apron) but I knew he was hurt when he put Rollins in the deathlock. He couldn't lock it in at all and Sting being Sting wouldn't do something half assed like that unless there was something seriously wrong.

I have no idea why they did the buckle bomb spot twice. The pin at the end was dangerous as well for someone who has hurt their neck. Absolutely awful way to end a career for a legend if that is what has happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Pentecost wrote: »
    I don't dislike Charlotte as such but if she wasn't Ric's daugther I doubt she'd be pushed. Sasha is the best of the bunch at the moment.

Agreed. Its sad because she is talented and doesn't need to be dropping her Dad's name all the time or referencing him [with the whoos, "We're going to do this with flair." and Ric's theme mixed into her's]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Sting looked proper hurt when he took that turnbuckle powerbomb.

It was when he went through the table is what did the damage initially. I wasn't sure if he was selling or genuinely hurt after the table but after few minutes he was clearly hurt.

It was when he went through the table is what did the damage initially. I wasn't sure if he was selling or genuinely hurt after the table but after few minutes he was clearly hurt.

You could see the bruises on his back and arm. Think he he might have hit the monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

You could see the bruises on his back and arm. Think he he might have hit the monitor.

Ya it looked quite nasty. Even commentary mentioned the bruises.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to agree with you on that one. If they **** with the show, their risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Enjoyed the PPV - Rollins was fantastic as always but I thought it would a shame how Cena ALWAYS wins every single feud. Fair enough have him win but at least protect Rollins more - 1 AA was enough? Pretty sure Rollins kicked out of 3 at SS so it makes no sense. Also made no sense having Rollin's matches back to back as surely the Authority would want to spread them out to help him? Bad writing as usual here.

How strong is Rollins though to be able to deadlift 250lbs Cena the way he did? He is around the same size as HBK yet has a power of a heavyweight. Truly a jack of all trades. Not the greatest mic worker I suppose but improving constantly.

Kdoja2.gif

• Advertisement

Yeah, he's pretty strong. I was even thinking that when he lifted Sting and slammed him back down into the broken Spanish announce table after the initial bump. Sting is probably a fair bit heavier than he is like. He really showed a lot of people what he can do last night I'd say, if anyone doubted his abilities up until now. A couple of years ago it would've been inconceivable for Seth Rollins to main event pay per views with Sting & Lesnar.

Advertisement