Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookie/Exchange for Tennis (void on retirement)

• 24-08-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm with PP at the moment, but seeing as they've begun limiting my max bets I want to move.

PP really suits my type of tennis bets, as a retirement at any stage of the match voids match bets. Other bookies I've checked will not void on retirement when at least one set has been complete.

Is there any bookie that voids on retirements like PP but are less inclined to limit accounts? I have a feeling every exchange resolves match results once one set has been complete.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Pinnacle mate, as states in there rules if a tennis match is not completed because of a player retirement or disqualification, all Set wagers will be considered void. Such wagers will be cancelled and the monies refunded.

Will never limit you either, can usually get 3k on the smaller tennis matches handicaps and then wait a few seconds and bet that amount again with lesser odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Trine

Thanks Jonjo, but it's purely match betting and not set betting I'm after, and in that regard Pinnacle are the same; once a set has been complete match bets stand, even if a player retires.

Just to be clear; if a player is leading 6-2, 2-1 and retires, on PP the match bet is void, on every other bookie I've seen the player going to next round is deemed winner. It's the former I'm looking for.

Looks like I'll just have to deal with it and go BetFair or Pinnacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Trine wrote: »
    Thanks Jonjo, but it's purely match betting and not set betting I'm after, and in that regard Pinnacle are the same; once a set has been complete match bets stand, even if a player retires.

Just to be clear; if a player is leading 6-2, 2-1 and retires, on PP the match bet is void, on every other bookie I've seen the player going to next round is deemed winner. It's the former I'm looking for.

Looks like I'll just have to deal with it and go BetFair or Pinnacle.

Betfair doesn't void. Just got stung on a women's tennis game a short While ago. Wouldn't mind but it was an in-running bet on a player 1 set up:mad:

lost 2nd set, had trainer on and when behind in the 3rd gave up!

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Betfair doesn't void.

Yes, I know! :) That's my point, I have to move away from PP regardless, but I was hoping to find another that does void retirements regardless of what stage the match is at. Despite not voiding, BetFair and Pinnacle still seem the best option, due to less bet limiting.

It makes more sense for an exchange to minimise voids anyway, they want winners one way or another.

It's just nice protection on PP. Tennis is rife with tanking and retirements in the smaller tournaments that are tricky to predict. To be given your bet back in these cases is a big plus in my opinion. Shame about the bet limits, otherwise for me there'd be no other choice than PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Boylesports void bets too according to their rules. I'm sure they would be even worse than PP for limiting bets though so maybe not the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Trine wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm with PP at the moment, but seeing as they've begun limiting my max bets I want to move.

PP really suits my type of tennis bets, as a retirement at any stage of the match voids match bets. Other bookies I've checked will not void on retirement when at least one set has been complete.

Is there any bookie that voids on retirements like PP but are less inclined to limit accounts? I have a feeling every exchange resolves match results once one set has been complete.
    http://rebelbetting.com/faq/tennis-rules

Not sure if this is 100% reliable though, as I rarely bet on tennis.

stingerro wrote: »
    http://rebelbetting.com/faq/tennis-rules

Not sure if this is 100% reliable though, as I rarely bet on tennis.

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks stingerro.

Advertisement