Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Christmas "cover versions"

• 20-08-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭ baby and crumble

Ok, ok, so I know we have a music thread somewhere, but I LOVE cover versions. I like hearing new interpretations of classics, and I think you can find amazing amateurs and struggling musician versions of songs on the likes of YouTube- and let's be honest, lots of big players do Christmas albums primarily made up of covers!!! Would anyone care to share some faves?

Julia Nunes is awesome, and she does a couple of Christmas tunes on her channel

Sam Smith. All hail.

This version of "O Holy Night" is probably my absolute favourite ever. And I love that song.

I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes on...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

Noel Gallagher covered this Christmas classic for the Royle Family. Love this version.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭ homersimpson

Advertisement