Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tottenham v Stoke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

KanyeZach.gif

Can we sell Lamela for some magic beans please. Didn't see the 2nd half. Leicester next weekend jizz....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Awful second half,totally overrun by Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Can we sell Lamela for some magic beans please. Didn't see the 2nd half. Leicester next weekend jizz....

Honestly didn't do one thing positive. Honestly don't want to see any more of him after that display. We absolutely crumbled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jesus christ, losing like that is inexcusable. So many problems out there at the moment.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Shocking.
    Long season ahead.
    1 striker at the club , laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Brutal 2nd half.
    Chadli not the answer upfront.

To be torn asunder by S. Ireland is embarrasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

How can a club with top 5 aspirations have one striker available at the start of the season?! It's unbelievable how disorganised we are with regards to having some sort of plan for the season. I'm quite worried about this season to be honest. Kane had a super season last year but I can't see that happening again. I think we'll be lucky to finish in the top 10 the way other teams are improving.

Relax, have a drink. Were only two games in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It was a draw. Not so bad.
    Stoke are no pushover .

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Relax, have a drink. Were only two games in.

We are 2 games in and we have one striker. You happy with that?

It was a draw. Not so bad.
    Stoke are no pushover .

We will be competing with them come the end of the season for league position. Shows Stoke have improved and we've gone backwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

tom1ie wrote: »

Having one striker didn't lose us points in this game, two defensive blunders did

Having one striker didn't lose us points in this game, two defensive blunders did

Yes but my point is that we must be the only team in the premier league with 1 striker. I'm highlighting the shambles that we are at the moment.

Yes but my point is that we must be the only team in the premier league with 1 striker. I'm highlighting the shambles that we are at the moment.

Oh ffs don't be so dramatic, we are far from a shambles. It's only the second game of the season

Not particularly, no different to last season in retrospect. N'Jie could be dynamite or a floating turd. One decent player could ignite the dressing room.

Transfer window remains open, Levy stated “At the moment it is fairly relaxed. I would anticipate that, as the window goes on, the activity will happen in the last two weeks, but we are trying to do business early where we can.”

I'm trying to stay positive somewhat.

Oh ffs don't be so dramatic, we are far from a shambles. It's only the second game of the season

Oh ffs how am I being dramatic? Stop being so naive. Is there another club with one ****ing striker in there team in the league? I'm merely stating facts. (not including ade for obvious reasons)

• we scored two goals today with only one striker

the complete disregard for positioning or concentration as a defensive unit is much more of a worry.

Oh ffs how am I being dramatic? Stop being so naive. Is there another club with one ****ing striker in there team in the league? I'm merely stating facts. (not including ade for obvious reasons)

We'll get another striker when we can relieve ourselves of the burden no other club has that is milking us for 100k a week.

• Advertisement

We'll get another striker when we can relieve ourselves of the burden no other club has that is milking us for 100k a week.

So can you explain how I'm being so dramatic when I'm just stating facts?

• cos yr stating them repeatedly despite them not having been an issue today I guess. also we signed a striking option today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We still have only one striker. N'jie is a sort of winger come forward. Anything more than a dozen goals from him would be a huge ask.

We will probably buy another forward. Berahino most likely. At the last minute of course.

Then it will take a few weeks to get going and come mid October we will be motoring and Levy will be the hero again.

But next May we will 6, 7 maybe 8 points off the top 4 and we will look back at games like Stoke and United as 4 points lost points and think what if.

Then rinse and repeat and do it all again next year.

... but sure hey, it's only 2 games in. Sure it's only 6 points. What's six points. It's ****ing everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

We still have only one striker. N'jie is a sort of winger come forward. Anything more than a dozen goals from him would be a huge ask.

We will probably buy another forward. Berahino most likely. At the last minute of course.

Then it will take a few weeks to get going and come mid October we will be motoring and Levy will be the hero again.

But next May we will 6, 7 maybe 8 points off the top 4 and we will look back at games like Stoke and United as 4 points lost points and think what if.

... but sure hey, it's only 2 games in. Sure it's only 6 points. What's six points. It's ****ing everything.

in fairness 5th is about spurs level. same with everton. anything above is a bonus. you have utd, city, arsenal, chelsea and liverpool ahead of ya. very competitive league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

We will be competing with them come the end of the season for league position. Shows Stoke have improved and we've gone backwards

Didn't they beat us at home last season?! Maybe Stoke have gone backwards!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

cos yr stating them repeatedly despite them not having been an issue today I guess. also we signed a striking option today.

Them not being an issue today? Didn't we have umpteen clear chances that a decent striker would've put away? Not an issue?! That's laughable

• you need to win games better than two nil do you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

"A game of two halves" has never been so true.

In the first half we looked really well, we could have been three up going into the break and shortly after we could have been 4 up - but that's football.

The worrying thing is the capitulation in our style of play. We went from dominating play (78% possession) to looking like the away team going to one of the 'top 4'.

I think Poch's substitutions didn't help. OK, Kane was injured. Though we needed someone to hold the ball up front, Chadli wasn't the answer. Without a striker on the bench I would have put Dembele up top - just to ease the pressure.

Finally, Lamela. I've been in the 'he'll come good' group. However, I can not make any more excuses for him. He's shocking. Hopefully some team looks at his YouTube montage from his Roma days and offers £10m for him. I'd bite their hand off.

• Advertisement

Liverpool last season had five strikers and finished sixth. An experienced midfielder would of quashed the scoreline at 2-0 today.

Advertisement