Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wynonna Earp (SyFy) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started last night. Looks OK, will check it out over the weekend.
    Looks a bit like Sleepy Hollow spliced with a Western. It's getting average reviews, though...
    Based on the IDW Comic, Wynonna Earp follows Wyatt Earp's great granddaughter as she battles demons and other creatures. With her unique abilities, and a posse of dysfunctional allies, she's the only thing that can bring the paranormal to justice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well first episode gives me Jessica Jones vibes; not sure how it will play out but I'll put it on the watch list for now.

8 episodes in, and this is has turned into a great show.

Yeah, it's monster-of-the-week, but with a clear direction. There is chemistry between the cast and the special effects are very good.

Really worth a look if you want to watch something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

^ Totally agreed. I'm enjoying Wynonna Earp a hell of a lot. The show itself isn't really something that will blow you away from the outset, but it's very enjoyable and I find myself looking forward to it weekly.

Well that's on my "best finale" list for the year. Great stuff, so much setup for season 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Finally got to finish the season off a great ending to a fun show.

SyFy have been on a bit of a role lately hopefully they keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Returns June 9th SyFy

Second trailer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm legitimately looking forward to the return of this; it had its flaws (not least those fake Texan accents making dialogue hard to discern :D ) but season 1 had an appealing swagger, with tonnes of charisma from its cast.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Started watching this yesterday. Have 5 episodes watched and I have to say I'm really loving it. As someone mentioned above it is a kind of "monster of the week" show but they all feed into the bigger arc of the season/series.

I know the similarities are very basic but I can't help thinking of Preacher when I watch this and I have to say Wynonna Earp is far more enjoyable and, so far anyway, much better put together. It's genuinely funny too. I just watched the episode where Wynonna tried to use her boobs to get into the vaults at the police station and realising it was two rather burly women, the quick cut to Doc unbuttoning his shirt was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

I watched episode 1 and wasn't all that interested, but might give it another go based on the feedback here.

Starts back tonight in the States and I'm looking forward to seeing can they improve on what was a fun season 1.

That was a fun start to season 2 continued right on where season 1 left off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

"How do you like my moustache now?"

That was really strong. There was so much to it.

At first I was like.. ah this is going a bit supernatural, then killjoys, then worried a little about Waverly infiltration story being a bit weak but then it all pulled together and kinda worked!

So like.. next up fall into a consistent filler-level of episodes to develop story and then a good finale and they'll have done it again! Or really good episodes.. I'd be fine with that too! :)

Nody wrote: »
    "How do you like my moustache now?"

Hah! Yes!

Also, Docs hat! OMG Give him his hat back!

Just finished S1 there now. Those last few episodes were pretty spectacular. Glad I don't have to wait a year for S2 now :)

Is it Willa in Waverly now? I was getting that kind of vibe a few times.

That was sooo funny!

That ending though!
    *SHUDDER*

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it now it is literally a "monster of the week" show but I did find that spider episode pretty hilarious.

• Advertisement

Was season 1 as funny as S2 has been? This week's ep had me laughing proper belly laughs a few times.

The not so subtle innuendo in the show always makes me smile.

The not so subtle innuendo in the show always makes me smile.

Waverly's "you rubbed the shaft real good" or whatever it was got me in this one. Wynonna trying to whistle was a random funny moment too, and her constantly giggling at B-Train.

Speaking of Waverly.... she's like a magpie or something, mad for the shiny stuff.

Was season 1 as funny as S2 has been? This week's ep had me laughing proper belly laughs a few times.
    On the top of my head I think they may have ramped it up a notch or two on the puns (or they improved); but that's without going back and rewatching S1 to confirm.

Nody wrote: »
    On the top of my head I think they may have ramped it up a notch or two on the puns (or they improved); but that's without going back and rewatching S1 to confirm.

I only watched S1 a week or so before S2 started and I don't remember it being so funny. I do remember in the pilot there being a few one liners that were not great but I can't say I noticed it much after that. You might be right in that they've just gotten better at it this season.

For a second I was like.. she just hit a kid!! :eek: (the football player). maybe he's an adult though. I didn't dwell too long.

Definitely the season feels different. I think it might be how one of the groups
    the demons or maybe it's just Bobo
    is missing from how the episodes play out. I'm guessing the gap will be filled in later when
    this new mystery baddie plays out.. or maybe they want waverly to take the place.

Slydice wrote: »
    For a second I was like.. she just hit a kid!! :eek: (the football player). maybe he's an adult though. I didn't dwell too long.

Definitely the season feels different. I think it might be how one of the groups
    the demons or maybe it's just Bobo
    is missing from how the episodes play out. I'm guessing the gap will be filled in later when
    this new mystery baddie plays out.. or maybe they want waverly to take the place.

Yeah, it doesn't have quite the same focus when it comes to the bad guys as it did in S1. I'm fairly sure they were kids she decked. They were taking the trophy so the luck would rub off on their team. I thought that bit was hilarious too.

Now that is what I call a killer of a episode; so much story development, so many arcs starting to come together...

A great twist ending right there.

• Advertisement

Oh Wow! Did you see that?!?!

That episode was legit .. one of the best so far!

I bet they are really doing this on a budget but still rocking out an excellent multi-arc intricate story

Advertisement