Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

yeah it's purely a money scam.. you can go to a normal GP and get a prescription renewed and they won't charge for it

Good to know there are other options like AllDayChemist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭benny79

Nope flight was great even got to watch the Liverpool vs Utd match in the air 😁 the pay for 2 nights I stayed for 4 so had to pay for 2 but only €60 a night its a Hilton Hotel. All transport is provided. Honestly its one of my greatest accomplishments. As I travelled and booked everything on my self and I went to Poland for my first HT and let me tell you Eugenixs is a million times better! They are not just after your money they thrive on you get a good result Im home 7 days and they have rang and texted me everyday since making sure I am taking medication, spraying my head with solution and today is my first wash so the sent me videos on what to do etc.. Class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Sounds great. Can you tell us how much it cost in total. Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sounds great, though you should have booked 2 extra nights and visited the Taj Mahal (before surgery obviously!) .. it's amazing.. hey next time if you get more work done 😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Did you get SMP done with The Scalp Care up in Dublin?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

He doesn’t measure blood pressure or do a hormone level blood test for prescribed hair loss drugs ?

No blood test, but he does measure blood pressure at least. Also does an update photo session on current vs how your hair was initially but that's something you can literally do yourself at home.

Did you notice much of an improvement in the weeks that followed? I'm after having 3 sessions (€500 each session) but I'm kind of disappointed with the results? I was really happy straight after each session and even the following few days as my scalp looked dark and it filled in my bald patches nicely but after a week it fades so much that I don't see much of an improvement really.

• Advertisement

It fades to a more natural colour and yeah initially it seemed like it was disappearing but that might have just been me comparing to the extreme dark that it was after the operation. After a year I can still see the pigment and it honestly matches my normal hair very well and the areas still look a lot thicker than they were pre-operation.

See how it is after a few months.

You can also get further top ups down the line if you need, and possibly go darker.

Ok. I'll leave it a few months to see. Do you still use Nizoral or is there any shampoos that you now avoid?

Haven't used Nizoral in ages...too drying. LOREAL Elvive all the way...cuz I'm worth it

I was half thinking about it alright 😂i was 3 days in theatre which I actually wasn't expecting. I was originally meant to get 3200 graphs which was €5200 but after checking me out they said my donor area was great and could get 4500 graphs for full coverage no problem. The fact I was there, I said go for it as I want this to be my last one. So was just under €1,500 extra. Got my flights for €680.

Post edited by benny79 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭HBC08

Brilliant! I'll be following on there

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Hi guys, any idea where to get Proscar here? Webdoctor has fintrid, I am looking for proscar. Using proscar for many years now and don't want to switch brands

Careoncall.ie is the same form as Webdoctor.ie, so I think they are the same company. Both should provide Proscar if you ask them for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Skipper12

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice around post op care. I am on the verge of booking an FUE procedure (2,500 graphs) but would be going on holidays 3 weeks later. Has anyone flown so close to a procedure? Any advice would be welcome. I would obviously wear a cap while on holiday etc but wouldn't want to risk travelling etc if it could be harmful to the success of the procedure.

Also in terms of sport, when did you/would you return to participating in sport after a procedure?

Hopefully some of you that have been through similar FUE procedures could share your experience on both these questions.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Deadwards.com

Hi Skipper12, wearing a hat 3 weeks after the procedure would be fine. You should not do any exercise for 2 weeks post procedure but for contact sports, where you are heading the ball etc, you want to give it at minimum 1 month, longer of you can. On holiday you need to avoid any chlorinated swimming pools but sea swimming is fine. Keep the head covered in the sun as you cannot let the head get sunburnt or use any chemicals (gels, sunscreen etc for at least 1 month post procedure).

• Advertisement

My procedure was 3 days 4500 graphs and I flew home 4 hours after the procedure from India 😉 Just the way it worked out. You just have to be careful. I wore a surgical hair net and hoody going through the airport and for 5 days after at the request of the Clinic.

jaysis man.. how did you sleep on the plane without being in contact with the freshly-done areas?

The follicles are really fragile at that stage

I didnt sleep as I cant sleep on planes anyway but had a neck pillow just in case. A ht is no big deal once you are careful after procedure for first week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LukeAJN

So is there any consensus on growclub yet? Really don’t want to travel for a HT and from what I can gather Andre is the only choice over here. However if growclub is a solid choice the more feasible price probably tilts it back in their favour.

Anybody here have any experience with them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Kurn

Hi. I don't see any discussion on Tir Na Nog clinic. Their pricing seems very reasonable in comparison to going to Turkey. No travel, easier recovery easy access to Doctor (I'm assuming). I have a meeting with them tomorrow. Just concerned there is zero discussion on them on this 60-page thread!

Say away is my advice theres a reason there not mentioned be I did read somewhere of someone saying to stay well clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Im about 3 months in now, it arrived mid January. Definitely some shedding in the first 6/7 weeks. I wasnt too worried about it as nearly every discussion and info about it online made reference to it.

Small bit of light itchiness too which I welcomed as I had read one study making reference to people who experienced itchiness seemed to have better results.

Im happy so far with the results. I know thats probably too vague for people but my problem is there are definitely other variables like length of hair and where I am in my hair cycle, and lifestyle, and the changes are not dramatic enough to not consider these factors.

Im a Norwood 3 to 4 and areas at the front that looked like there was too much of a shine and lightness developing are 100% thickening up again. I feel the top/front of my head is reverting back to a stronger/thick look. And my crown area, while far from being cured, it just has a more busy look about it, but still a bald patch there.

I would say at worst it's at least preventing further hairloss for now.

I have read that best results for LLLT is in combination with minoxidil, Im getting married in the coming months so Im gonna wait until after in case any unexpected weirdness or shedding happens.

Overall though I would definitely suggest to anyone serious about reducing hairloss that it could be added to their armory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Whyyougottabeanonymous

Hi, are you referring to Growclub? Sorry, I’m new here but looking for reviews on this place. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Whyyougottabeanonymous

I only joined for info on this place. You find out any more info? I can’t find info or photos anywhere, which is concerning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Wasn't aware of the AllDayChemist option for Loniten. As per their website, they don't ship to ireland

https://www.alldaychemist.com/do-not-ship

Did you manage to buy loniten/proscar from Alldaychemist?

Advertisement