Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are people thinking of this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Some amount of snow fell in Val Throens last night, it's been transformed in the space of 12 hours, and snow is forecast for the next five out of six days! Happy days!
    Did everyone else's resorts fare well last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Seems to be plenty reports of snow over on snowheads anyways. Quick look on Skyscanner there, still can get return flights to Geneva for as low as 70e in December, God I'm tempted ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

I'll be in the 3 Valleys in three weeks and the whole place looks great now. Forecast is cold all next week and a massive dump of snow on Wednesday.
    Can't wait!

maddness wrote: »
    I'll be in the 3 Valleys in three weeks and the whole place looks great now. Forecast is cold all next week and a massive dump of snow on Wednesday.
    Can't wait!

Even St. Martin de Belleville, which I think is the lowest town in the 3V is covered in snow. Hope to God it doesn't melt! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Are any of the non glacier resorts open yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Grandvalira got some, not enough but it least it's setting me nerves to look at the webcam & it not look like a scene from a low budget remake of the Sound of Music!

But there should be a nice few cm falling over the next week ✌ðŸ»️

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭omicron

Grandvalira got some, not enough but it least it's setting me nerves to look at the webcam & it not look like a scene from a low budget remake of the Sound of Music!

But there should be a nice few cm falling over the next week ✌ðŸ»️

Snowing lightly and cannons running there this evening on the webcam, snow on and off forecast over the next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭prunudo

Looking like a better start to the season than last year. Mayrhofen getting a bit at the moment and more forecast later in the week.
    Had a look at Morzine too, more snow there now than the was last Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DoraDelite

Chamonix and Ischgl both looking great at the moment. More snow due this week, going to be a happy camper if it stays this way for the next 4 weeks :)

First piste groomer (or whatever it is) spotted in VT :D

Screenshot_20151125_110624.png

Yes, I admit it, I'm tragic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

cormee wrote: »
    First piste groomer (or whatever it is) spotted in VT :D

Screenshot_20151125_110624.png

Yes, I admit it, I'm tragic.

Whenever I see one of them at twilight, I tend to think of you Cormee. How do you feel about that?! ;-)

fannymagee wrote: »
    Whenever I see one of them at twilight, I tend to think of you Cormee. How do you feel about that?! ;-)

Ah jayzis, I'm touched Fanny.
    Hopefully I'll be able to see them going up and down the mountains, when I'm sitting on the balcony at night, in VT this year. :D

Haha, you should email them & see if you can get a spin in one- ya never know! ;-)

Such a good days snow today in Andorra, but Snow Forecast says the temperature is supposed to rocket to (lows of!) 7degrees next Monday 😞 hope it changes in the meantime!

Haha, you should email them & see if you can get a spin in one- ya never know! ;-)

No, I enjoy watching their headlights, from a distance, going up and down the slopes above me, while I sit, glass of wine in hand, on the balcony of my hotel. VERY particular set of conditions, as you can see.

So sitting in a noisy, freezing cab with some surly French dude, who thinks I'm a simpleton for wanting to be there, really doesn't replicate what I have in mind.
    Such a good days snow today in Andorra, but Snow Forecast says the temperature is supposed to rocket to (lows of!) 7degrees next Monday 😞 hope it changes in the meantime!
    Have you booked, or could you change resorts/country, if needs be?

No, I enjoy watching their headlights, from a distance, going up and down the slopes above me, while I sit, glass of wine in hand, on the balcony of my hotel. VERY particular set of conditions, as you can see.

So sitting in a noisy, freezing cab with some surly French dude, who thinks I'm a simpleton for wanting to be there, really doesn't replicate what I have in mind.

Like these two simpletons?! I laughed, bless them ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdHyYEX4MXM

Have you booked, or could you change resorts/country, if needs be?

All paid and hemmed in now! Erah I'm not heading until the 18th of December so there's till plenty time for the temperatures to fall & it to pelt down in the meantime! Just worrying excessively it'll probably be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdHyYEX4MXM

That was difficult to watch. I had to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I'm thinking of the Fassa Valley in the Dolomites. Does anyone one have any experience or have ye opinions? Superski pass covers a huge area and they seem cheaper than Austria/France....

Thanks,
    P

That was difficult to watch. I had to stop.
    I'd say their parents look at them with shame and despair

• Advertisement

I'd say their parents look at them with shame and despair

Somebody gave them a radio show. I'd say it's riveting ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

So who will win the boardsie's award of first proven turns of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

fannymagee wrote:

This is what i would imagine Dermot and Dave would be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

a148pro wrote: »
    So who will win the boardsie's award of first proven turns of the year?

Think the now alusive Fattes proved that on the other thread

Somebody gave them a radio show. I'd say it's riveting ;)

"And now on Foyleside Radio, I'm going to try getting a crossbar - STAY TUNED"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

lbj666 wrote: »
    Think the now alusive Fattes proved that on the other thread

Don't think it counts when its your day job! :D

Rew wrote: »
    Don't think it counts when its your day job! :D

Yes, people who live is ski resorts should be excluded from this competition.

Competition?

Competition?

To be first on the slopes. I haven't a hope, as I'm not going 'til late January

• Advertisement

To be first on the slopes. I haven't a hope, as I'm not going 'til late January

Late Jan for me too. Unless it snows here.

Advertisement