Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Movie Club #8 - Love Actually (2003)

Options
  • 15-07-2015 8:35am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Plot:
    Follows the lives of various characters in London dealing with their love lives in various loosely interrelated tales all set during the month before Christmas

Trailer:

Fun fact:
    The airport greeting footage at the beginning and end of the film is real. Richard Curtis had a team of cameramen film at Heathrow airport for a week, and whenever they saw something that would fit in they asked the people involved for permission to use the footage.

Where to find it:
    YouTube: €2.99
    iTunes: €3.99
    Sky Movies on demand

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Firstly how did I miss this?

Secondly, I LOVE this movie! It is getting a watch tonight, thanks for the excuse! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I hated this film the first time I watched it, but (actually) liked it upon a second viewing.
    I liked the story with Liam Neeson and his little boy, I thought they were cute. :)
    A nice film- not amazing or anything, but I'd definitely watch it again around Christmas. It's "just" a Christmas movie, but it has a lot more depth than most of it's American counterparts when it comes to festive films.

One thing that really bugs me though is Martine McCutcheon is NOT fat!!! Why do people in the movie keep calling her fat?! :confused:

loveactually4-31.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Finally got around to watching this today while I did the ironing.

It's a lovely film. The super soppy (and awful) bit at the start is quickly forgotten when Christmas Is All Around comes on. :D Best Christmas song ever!

Loved Martine McCutcheon's character. Loved Liam Neeson. Loved Liam Neeson's son. Loved Martin Freeman and Stacey from Gavin and Stacey. Loved Rowan Atkinson. Hated Snape and his bit on the side, but I think that's the point. :D Loved Colin and his trip to America. Hated the storyline with Keira Knightly and the guy from Teachers. As you can tell their names all made a big impression on me.

It's just a nice British rom-com really, with loads of Christmassy bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What I actually love the most about this film is the countdown to Christmas. It always gets me in a festive mood. Always puts me in a good mood.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

So I'm really behind on this movie club, but I just wanted to post that I hate this film (sorry!)

In fact, this video pretty much sums up my feelings on it:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I actually love this film but I haven't seen it in quite a while...I must dig out the dvd this weekend. It gives me the Christmassy warm & fuzzies every time, I used to watch it every year while either putting up the tree or while wrapping all of my presents :D

Advertisement