Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Batman (Matt Reeves) ***spoilers from post 1030***

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It is, and I wonder if this Wayne will even have the "party hard" persona usually present with the character. Looks like it mightn't be.

Everytime I see him I keep picturing Dane DeHaan in Chronicle

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jo187

So i saw somewhere that's its almost 3 hrs

Is that a working cut or the final cut that cinemas will get? 3 hr seems unnecessary

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"Omitir anuncios" is apparently Spanish for "skip ads", so does indeed appear as if someone pressed upload on a YouTube advert too soon.

Do we have any sense of who that boy is supposed to be? Or just one orphan recognising another? Darkness. No parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The guy lost his parents and dresses like a black bat with eyeliner. I would say Batman is inherently emo, no?

• Advertisement

Bruce is not meant to be, though. That playboy facade serves a purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

Going by the trailer, he seems a lost soul who is trying to find his way. If it turns into a trilogy, I'm sure his character will develop. This is supposed to be a young Bruce at the start of his journey as Batman. Like Bale in Batman Begins, he was lost before he met Ras Al Ghul. I'm sure something similar will play out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Does he have a rep for being difficult? Is that not just gossip sites that spread that kind of stuff?

I read there were people complaining he wasn't "bulking up" for the role, but previous actors in Batman films have been on PEDs, and maybe he just cared more about his health than enhancing the directors view of his performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Not all previous actors...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Reeves has said his take on Bruce is that he’s like a reclusive rockstar. So yes steering away from the playboy persona and back towards Keaton’s Bruce Wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Won't be watching the extended clip, but I'm all in for this movie.

Soundtrack is great so far, simple and ominous.

Which, at least to my knowledge, is a nice departure for Michael Giacchino's more sweeping stuff from Lost, Star Trek etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I know he's made mistakes when turning down dialogue coaches before, but still turned in terrific performances.

I imagine any difficulties he presented would be part of the reason he will also put in a great acting performance.

Also can't wait to see Paul Dano in this.

A full track from Giacchino's soundtrack was released, for those still curious about the musical score:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

15A rating for strong violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

So that clip that was accidentally leaked the other day has popped up, officially, and minus the Spanish overlays lol

Read an account from someone who was at the last test screening.

He didn't give any major spoilers away. Except the ending but, I think most of us knew about that scene. One of the deaths/killings is very Riddler like.

Sounds like it's good movie overall. Excited for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Do tickets for this go on sale at midnight?

• Advertisement

New trailer.

That voice that says, "BRUCE" I don't think it's The Riddler. Matt Reeves said Bruce Wayne suffers from a mental illness in this movie, that he struggles with being the two personas and that Ego was also the comic that inspired this movie. If you've read that comic, you'll know what I mean

A set of Chinese TV spots popped up; given this is supposed to be just shy of 3 hours I can't imagine it's spoiling that much of the movie 😁 .

Final credits are out...

They could have done a better job in hiding a certain scene and actor but, I guess it will be spoiled come the 28th of Feb when the embargo lifts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Im a bale/nolan fanboy - I think they ruined batman on me forever - you can be too good yaknow!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

An owner of the Movie House cinema chain in NI is seeking permission to change the UK's 15 rating to 15A on this film. He reported to breaking news.ie that parents of these kids having been giving him lots of abuse over the BBFC's 15 rating for the film.

Do you think he is making the right call with this or would you think he is making a fool of himself by not avoiding the parents demands?

It has been given a 15A rating by IFCO here. Do you think it is a suitable rating for the film or would you have mixed feelings on it?

I can see his point, I haven't read the bbfc reasons for the certification but they're usually quite clear and reasonable. They probably should introduce a 15A but the parents are at fault here, they should check the rating before leaving the house and then not blame the staff for enforcing the rules.

This is also a problem born from sticking with the idea that the only cinematic Batman has to be a dour, violent one; I doubt there are many other pop-culture characters who are so tonally all over the place as Batman. Kids love him, and parents ambivalent towards comics won't know any better - but these children don't get to enjoy him on the big screen without watching Thespians glower in black eye-liner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

The BBFC reasoning (from - https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/the-batman-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc01mzi3otm )

A 15 rating seems reasonable.

threat and horror

Scenes include people in states of terror and distress after being placed in elaborate death traps. The tone is frequently dark and menacing, and includes scenes of gun threat and acts of terrorism.

violence

Scenes include shootings, fistfights, electrocutions, and sequences in which people are repeatedly punched or bludgeoned. There is occasional sight of blood and injury detail. Mutilated bodies are found at crime scenes, and there is sight of a severed thumb.

flashing/flickering lights

This work contains flashing images which may affect viewers who are susceptible to photosensitive epilepsy.

There is infrequent strong language ('f**k') as well as milder terms including 'prick', 'dick', 'fricking', 'bastard', 'son of a bitch', '****', 'God', 'hell', 'Jesus', and 'Christ'. There are moderate sex references, and a sequence in which a man watches a woman changing her clothes through her window. References are made to suicide and mental health. People are seen administering an unnamed illegal drug.

Advertisement