Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

It's an Irish Rail thing. Communication is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jayo94

If people originally applied back in 2019 and are still waiting to hear, why did they have another recruitment drive in 2020? I applied at the end of 2020 and done the second phase of assessments this week. Interviews are next supposedly, if lucky enough to get a shot at it and get through looks like there is no guarantee of ever being called. Here I was thinking I could be training to be a train driver in a matter of weeks 🤣

Post edited by jayo94 on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

They had a drive last year as well, didn't they? Small enough window to apply that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 intercity124

It all seems to be dependant on which depot you are in for. If its Dublin/Cork things seem to move quickly but competition is tough, if your regional things drag on, and on, and on! I applied in 2019 for Athlone, the last thing I did was pass the medical in October 2021, nothing since. They work slowly and don't give you much indication of what's happening even when asked. The last line of my interview was 'if successful you will be placed on a panel for up to 2 years'. Do what you can when asked, but carry on with life as before otherwise you will drive yourselves mad with the lack of communication from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rootsblower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

It's certainly moving fast for Cork at the moment. Phase 2s this week. Interview next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭sudocremegg

I get the feeling nearly everybody is getting to interview stage. Has anybody NOT got through the assessments in the past month?

also does anybody know if this interview is one of several or the main one? Just curious because they called it a "pre-interview" based on 16pf yet it lasts an hour?

Hey Sudo, did you see the attachment at the end of the email (cos I missed it first time)?

It says the next step would be line manager interview which could be shortly after next week's interview.

That just leaves a medical & reference checks afaik.

Yeah I copped that shortly after, thanks.

Has anybody done the 16pf interview before? What kind of question do they ask? An hour long interview is pretty intense sounding.

An hour is pretty standard, 5 mins of hellos, 50 mins of interview and 5 mins of goodbyes.

Will be over before you know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Anyone do their interview yet? How did you find it? I thought it went well.

Yeah me too. Was sort of laid back and allowed for lots of detail. Will see what happens I guess.

What area are you in for Sweet?

What kind of questions did they ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Didn't hear yet after round 2 of tests.

Just wondering is anyone else waiting to be called for interview or is no reply yet meaning a no go...

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭adunis

Dunno ,I'm in the same boat,I'm leanin towards this being th end of the line,no pun intended

Lol maybe it's just that the A class are called first! I thought I did really well so here's hoping for us yet!!

Fingers crossed

And I thought I made a balls of it!!! Keep the faith lads, no news is good news.

Basically they go through the results of the 16PF. They ask you about the examples you gave in the pre interview form and kind of marry the two together.

If you gave a poor example you can change the scenario or they will ask questions to build on what you said to give them enough info.

Your interview notes and 16PF score are then sent to the Occupational Psychologist who gives the yay or nay for second interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheShepard

I did the same and was lucky to start that year but I've met drivers in training now who did the assessments at the same time as me (2-year gap between us now). It could be a matter of time it's just luck when you'll be called it seems.

• Advertisement

Its all a lottery!!😎 The joys of being on a panel 😫

Do they tell you that you are on a panel? Or do you just assume so, after you've passed all the tests and interviews?

How long do the panels last, do they reset after a certain period, like in some other work places?

Ok guys,there is an official thanks but no thanks email.

I've just received it ,well it was an experience,best of luck to you all 👍

Sorry to hear that.

Yep me too also out!

You can apply next time. And you'll have more experience of the process.

Sorry to hear that guys. But yes, you are at a huge advantage for next time. Keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrowBoard

Just wondering if anyone has heard back after the 16PF interview? I did it last week and haven't heard anything since. While I thought it went okay, the lack of any contact since is making me fear the worst. I was told 1-2 weeks, so there's still time, but throughout this process, I got the impression that they contact the successful folks first before sending out the 'thanks, but no thanks' messages.

I haven't heard anything either Barrow and I did it the week before last.

No news is good news, I guess.

• Advertisement

Are they still doing the interviews online or are they face to face?

Advertisement