Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Transfers Out:

TOP TIER: Randy Orton
    TOP TIER: Becky Lynch

Transfers In:

TOP TIER: Dean Ambrose
    TOP TIER: Nikki Bella

Full Squad for Gameweek 6:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Seth Rollins
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose
    TOP TIER - Nikki Bella

MID-TIER - Cesaro
    MID-TIER - Kofi Kingston

BOTTOM TIER - Diego

My captain: Seth Rollins

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Becky Lynch out, Nikki Bella in.
    Titus O'Neil out, Cesaro in.
    Roman Reigns out, Sasha Banks in.

My captain this week is going to be the Swiss Superman.

Seth Rollins
    Sheamus
    Sasha Banks
    Nikki Bella

Rusev
    Cesaro - (Captain)

Kalisto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

John Cena OUT Big Show IN
    Becky Lynch OUT Charlotte IN
    Titus O'Neil OUT Stardust IN

Top Tier
    Randy Orton
    Big Show
    Roman Reigns
    Charlotte

Mid Tier
    Stardust
    Rusev

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Captain
    Stardust

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Titus out - Cesaro in (and Captain)
    Owens out - Charlotte in
    Wyatt out - Sheamus in

Updated Line Up:

Charlotte
    Reigns
    Orton
    Sheamus

Cesaro (C)
    Darren Young

Sin Cara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Oh it's not too late....

OK...

Paige > Becky : Feel like she's due a few matches on the main shows.

Layla > Sin Cara : She's practically retiring now so I really ought to pick one of the now frequently appearing tag team members. I've really thrown away points by not bothering to update my team and pick one of these guys when they started appearing more often.

Captain > Cesaro : He's gotta be in some good matches right about now.

• Advertisement

What I thought was a rather exciting episode of Monday Night Raw has come and gone. Now it's time to see how our league is shaping up following the show.

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Gameweek 6 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................145 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................134 points

3. DM_7...............................................................................129 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................117 points

= LeeJM...............................................................................117 points

5. Bounty Hunter....................................................................113 points

6. linvoysblues......................................................................109 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................107 points

8. Stereomaniac....................................................................104 points

9. thebostoncrab.....................................................................95 points

10. beakerjoe.........................................................................85 points

11. Hashtag_Heel....................................................................77 points

12. Zemuppet.........................................................................76 points

Raw fallout

Cheese Wagstaff once more leads the way as he has done since the beginning, but his winning margin at the top is now down to eleven points. Could we soon see a new leader at the top of the pile, or will he pull clear once again?

Highest score for Raw this week was shared between both Stereomaniac and myself with each of us scoring 18 points. Stereomaniac scored the bulk of his points through the New Day and Konnor of The Ascension picking up wins; most of my score came via my captain Rollins, plus my top tier guys scoring strongly and it lifts me back up into second place.

Others who scored well this week include Scavenger XIII and A Brad Maddox Guy, with each taking 14 points respectively; it pushes A Brad Maddox Guy from seventh place up to fourth.

As I noted on the previous page, I will be aiming to start the Fantasy Cup on Gameweek #8; and in the event that there are no new sign-ups between now and then, I will be limiting that tournament to 12 squads (featuring four groups of three players each). I aim to make the draw at the end of Gameweek #7 and seeding will be determined by the league table above; top four will be the top four seeds, next top four will be second seeds, and so on. It would also mean the bottom team will miss out so it's worth keeping an eye at that scrap near the foot of the leaderboard.

(Ideally we would get new sign-ups and I wouldn't have to exclude anyone)

The average score for Raw this week was 11 points.

Raw results

Seth Rollins defeated Neville

Kofi Kingston and Big E and The Ascension defeated The Lucha Dragons and Los Matadores

Charlotte and Becky Lynch defeated Nikki and Brie Bella

Rusev defeated Mark Henry

King Barrett defeated Zack Ryder

Paige defeated Naomi

Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Randy Orton defeated Sheamus, Luke Harper and Bray Wyatt

A lot of squads have Neville and I bet that match with Rollins must have had you on the edge of your seat, yes? As I had stuck the captaincy on Seth you can imagine how relieved I was with that result.

The bottom-tier guys are getting good exposure right now and The Ascension even picked up a rare win. The NXT women continue to be pushed well and those who kept faith with them were well rewarded. Rusev still looks a solid mid-tier option and with King Barrett getting a victory does this mean a renewed push for him?

A lot of squads will be disappointed that Cesaro didn't feature, although there is still Smackdown to come. Reigns looks to be a decent option again with what seems like his first win in a good few weeks. Will he and Orton feature on Smackdown though?

New sign-ups

As I said, I will be looking to make the draw for the Fantasy Cup game at the end of next week so now is a great time for new players to join the game. We will allocate you a place in that tournament, and you can also participate in the league game too (we will provide you points level with the lowest player and you can work your way up the leaderboard).

It's all a fun way to make watching the shows more interesting, so if you're interested post up a squad and join in.

That's about it. Now to see what Smackdown has in store for us.

A Smackdown very noticeably light on action has come and gone and it brings us to the end of Gameweek 6. Read on for more...

*Note - Smackdown spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Gameweek 6 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................149 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................138 points

3. DM_7...............................................................................135 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................131 points

5. Bounty Hunter...................................................................126 points

6. LeeJM..............................................................................119 points

7. linvoysblues......................................................................118 points

8. Scavenger XIII..................................................................111 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................107 points

10. thebostoncrab....................................................................95 points

11. beakerjoe.........................................................................88 points

12. Hashtag_Heel....................................................................80 points

13. Zemuppet.........................................................................76 points

Smackdown Fallout

Cheese Wagstaff once again finishes off another gameweek at the top so fair play to him for that. The margin at the top remains as it did after Raw with eleven points the difference. What's becoming clear though is that the race for the title is really heating up.

The biggest score for Smackdown went to A Brad Maddox Guy with a very impressive 14 pts scored. Such a score would be useful on a busy show, but on a show with little action like this episode it was even more precious. Just behind A Brad Maddox Guy was Bounty Hunter with 13 points acquired. Both guys made the gutsy call to stick the captaincy on Stardust and they were certainly rewarded handsomely as Stardust's win brought home the bulk of their score.

This was a really tough show to score anything so if you got anywhere above the extremely low average, I’d say you’d have to be pretty happy with that.

Average score: 4.8 pts

Smackdown results

Mark Henry and the Prime Time Players defeated The New Day

Charlotte vs Naomi ended in a no-contest

Sasha Banks and Naomi defeated Charlotte and Becky Lynch

Stardust defeated Zack Ryder

Roman Reigns defeated Rusev

In case anyone is wondering like I was about the Charlotte vs Naomi match that got restarted, according to the WWE website:
    Although the match was originally ruled a no contest, The Authority announced it would restart as a tag team match.

With that being the case, and seeing as there was no decision announced in the original match, I've ruled that Charlotte and Naomi will pick up appearance points for the written-off bout, as well as for the match that subsequently followed. So those who had Charlotte were awarded 2 points in all.

Looking at the other results, Stardust is now perhaps a useful addition if he is going to get more screen time. Naomi was also given a win which suggests they are pretty high on her.

On to Gameweek 7...

Boards Fantasy Cup

As noted on the previous page I'm looking to do the draw for the cup competition - which will run in conjunction with the league competition - next week, (at the end of Gameweek #7). The first cup games would commence on Gameweek #8.

In the event of no new sign-ups I will be limiting the cup to 12 teams, with 4 groups of three; the top two of each group advances to the quarter-finals. The top 4 in our leaderboard will determine the cup's top seeds, next top 4 will be second seeds and so on. This will be the first time in the game we are in direct competition with each other so it should be good fun.

Anyone reading who is NOT already involved can join both the league and the cup if they so wish. Just post up a squad and we will sort you out with a place.

If there are no new additions to the game then the bottom team will miss out on the cup and at the moment it's looking like it would be a scrap between Hashtag Heel and Zemuppet for a place, although who knows what will happen.

I'll explain the details of the cup in greater detail next week.

Deadline

The deadline will be before the commencement of Monday Night Raw, so you have all weekend plus Monday to make transfers and/or submit your squad.

Transfers

You have the option of making 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Captaincy

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

New players

As I touched on above, the draw for the Fantasy Cup game will be at the end of next week so now is a super time for new players to get involved. We will allocate you a place in that tournament, and you will also be allowed to participate in the league game too (we will provide you points level with the lowest player and you may work your way up the leaderboard).

Good luck

I think that's about all for now. Best of luck for the week ahead. Since the league places in the table will determine the cup seeding that should give this week more of an edge than most.

Cup Update

I've been looking at my original plans for a 12 team tournament with 4 groups of 3 and I've realised if I push ahead with this format, one player in each group will be an odd one out and will have to wait an extra two weeks for their first cup match-up. I think that would be pretty lame and so I've decided to change the format to 3 groups of 4 teams; in this way, everyone will get to have a match-up at the same time.

As a result of this change, the seeding for the cup draw will now mean the top 3 in our league will be the top seeds in each group, the next top 3 will be second seeds, and so on.

I've noticed too that the recent Copa America functioned with this format so I should be able to model a lot of it on that. The top two in each group will advance to the quarter-finals, and the remaining two spots will go to the two best third-placed teams. I think this will be a much better system to adopt. I'll go into more details when I do the draw at the end of gameweek #7. Speaking of which...

Gameweek #7 squad

Transfers Out:

TOP TIER: Seth Rollins
    MID TIER: Kofi Kingston

Transfers In:

TOP TIER: Big Show
    MID TIER: King Barrett

Full Squad for Gameweek 7:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Big Show
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose
    TOP TIER - Nikki Bella

MID-TIER - Cesaro
    MID-TIER - King Barrett

BOTTOM TIER - Diego

My captain: King Barrett

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Top Tier
    SheamusRandy Orton
    Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    CharlotteNikki Bella

Mid Tier
    Stardust
    NevilleKing Barrett

Bottom Tier
    Kalisto

Captain
    Stardust

Big Show OUT Seth Rollins IN

Top Tier
    Randy Orton
    Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Charlotte

Mid Tier
    Stardust
    Rusev

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Captain
    Stardust

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

No changes

Top Tier:
    Kevin Owens
    Sasha Banks
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins

Mid Tier:
    Neville
    Cesaro - Captain

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Sheamus out, Roman Reigns in.
    Nikki Bella out, Charlotte in.

My captain this week will be Kalisto.

Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Charlotte
    Sasha Banks

Rusev
    Cesaro

Kalisto - (Captain)

Barrett in for Darren Young (as captain)
    Ambrose in for Reigns.
    Nikki Bella in for Charlotte

Updated Line Up:

Nikki
    Ambrose
    Orton
    Sheamus

Cesaro
    Barrett (C)

Sin Cara

A fun episode of Monday Night Raw is in the bag and now it's time to see what the show has meant for our league table.

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Gameweek 7 Standings (Post Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................153 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................146 points

3. DM_7...............................................................................144 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................139 points

5. Bounty Hunter...................................................................137 points

6. linvoysblues......................................................................131 points

7. LeeJM..............................................................................127 points

8. Scavenger XIII..................................................................119 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................115 points

10. thebostoncrab..................................................................108 points

11. beakerjoe.........................................................................97 points

12. Hashtag_Heel....................................................................86 points

13. Zemuppet.........................................................................82 points

Raw Fallout

As we look at the summit of our table we will not be surprised to see Cheese Wagstaff, the leader since week 1, yet again on top. But if we look just below that peak we will see some very interesting developments. The leaderboard does look to be extremely wide open right now and perhaps we are not far off from a new front-runner emerging for the first time.

The best scores for this week’s Raw went to both linvoysblues and thebostoncrab who each scored 13 points. linvoysblues was helped with wins from Orton and Nikki Bella, while the bulk of thebostoncrab’s haul came from having the captaincy on Neville.

Not far behind them was Bounty Hunter with 11 points, and who, like linvoysblues, benefitted from having both Randy Orton and Nikki Bella in his ranks.

This was a Raw where most of us were scrapping for as much points as we could get as can be seen by the fact that the three lads above were the only ones to get into double digits. The average score for Raw this week was 8.5 pts.

Raw results

Brie Bella, Nikki Bella and Alicia Fox defeated Sasha Banks, Naomi and Tamina

Big E and Kofi defeated Los Matadores

Randy Orton defeated Cesaro and Kevin Owens

Luke Harper defeated Dean Ambrose

Mark Henry vs Rusev ended in a no-contest

Neville defeated King Barrett

Randy Orton defeated Seth Rollins via D.Q.

Seth claims the show is Monday Night Rollins but this week it was more like Monday Night R.Orton. (*hears crickets and a lone cough*) Yes, the Viper did double duty on Raw and helped out those who have him in a big way.

In other news for us, Ryback looks to be a viable option once again after his recent injury woes. Poor Barrett had a rough night though and it would seem hopes for a renewed push for him were very premature.

Cup seedings

As stated in a recent post, the Cup will begin next week and will now function with three groups of four teams. The top three in our leaderboard will be top seeds, next top 3 will be second seeds, and so on. After Smackdown we will know how the final seeding looks and I will look to post up the draw for the Cup games at the end of the week.

The bottom team will miss out in a 12 team format so it's a battle between Hashtag_Heel and Zemuppet for that last spot.

New sign-ups

Those who aren't playing but would like to participate in the Cup can do so, but time is running out as the draw is later this week. If there is interest expressed soon I may be able to make room, but after the Cup draw is announced the game will proceed with just those involved in the draw. (New players would still be allowed play in the league though).

That's it for now. On to Smackdown to see how we stand.

Smackdown has come and gone and while there were not many matches, the show has had a significant effect on our leaderboard. Read on for more.

*Note - Smackdown spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Gameweek 7 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................163 points

2. DM_7...............................................................................156 points

3. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................150 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................148 points

5. Bounty Hunter...................................................................143 points

6. LeeJM..............................................................................139 points

7. linvoysblues......................................................................132 points

8. Scavenger XIII..................................................................128 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................116 points

= thebostoncrab....................................................................116 points

10. beakerjoe........................................................................107 points

11. Hashtag_Heel....................................................................96 points

12. Zemuppet.........................................................................89 points

Smackdown Fallout

I questioned would we see a new leader emerge but fair play to Cheese Wagstaff for holding on to first position for the seventh week in a row. He is still the man to beat.

The biggest score for Smackdown was secured by both DM_7 and LeeJM with a total of 12 points acquired; both guys scored big with three of their top tier picks producing wins. The haul lifts DM_7 over me and up into second place; it also lifts LeeJM into sixth position and so means Lee will be one of the second seeds for the upcoming Cup draw.

With only four matches taking place I thought this would be a show where many would struggle, but most players seemed to be around the average. Only a very small few, including myself, scored quite badly for this show.

The average score was 7.6 pts.

Smackdown results

Charlotte defeated Naomi

Roman Reigns defeated Luke Harper via D.Q.

Prime Time Players defeated Xavier Woods and Big E

Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens defeated Cesaro and Neville

Seedings for Fantasy Cup

As I noted in previous posts, the Cup starts this upcoming week and will involve three groups of four teams. The first games will be next week and the draw will happen within the next 24 hours (most likely tonight or tomorrow morning). The seeding for the Cup will see the top three in the league as top seeds, the next top three as second seeds, and so on.

I noted that the bottom team would miss out due to us having an odd number of teams and so Hashtag_Heel has won the battle to qualify for the Cup, and regrettably Zemuppet misses the cut.

One issue arose: Stereomaniac and thebostoncrab are currently level on points in ninth position in what is the final third seed spot; thus, I decided to determine which one would be third seeds by assessing their league finishes over each gameweek so far. Stereomaniac's average position came out as 8.1; thebostoncrab's average finish as 8.7. With that being the case, Stereomaniac edges out thebostoncrab and will be named as one of the third seeds. thebostoncrab will be a fourth seed.

I will post up the Cup groups soon so you can find out who you face off against next week and I will also explain the rules in full for the Cup. So watch this space...

*****PW Boards Fantasy Cup*****

Gameweek 8 is about to begin which means the launch of the PW Boards Fantasy Cup. Truly the Sam Maguire of wrestling forum fantasy game tournaments!

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

While we've spent the past number of weeks competing to rise as high as we can in the league, now for the first time we will face off against one another in direct competition in a knock-out tournament.

12 teams have been drawn to compete against one another in 3 groups of 4. The top 2 teams in each group will qualify for the quarter-finals automatically, and the remaining 2 spots shall go to the two best third-placed teams.

I have compiled what I hope will be a useful Q&A about the Cup below; but first it's time to show you who you will face in each group. Groups were designed on a seeding basis and were drawn at random...

Groups and Fixtures

Group A

Cheese Wagstaff
    Bounty Hunter
    Stereomaniac
    Hashtag_Heel

Gameweek #8 (This week)

Stereomaniac vs Cheese Wagstaff
    Bounty Hunter vs Hashtag_Heel

Gameweek #10

Cheese Wagstaff vs Bounty Hunter
    Stereomaniac vs Hashtag_Heel

Gameweek #12

Hashtag_Heel vs Cheese Wagstaff
    Bounty Hunter vs Stereomaniac

Group B

DM_7
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    Scavenger XIII
    thebostoncrab

Gameweek #8 (This week)

thebostoncrab vs Scavenger XIII
    A Brad Maddox Guy vs DM_7

Gameweek #10

Scavenger XIII vs A Brad Maddox Guy
    DM_7 vs thebostoncrab

Gameweek #12

thebostoncrab vs A Brad Maddox Guy
    Scavenger XIII vs DM_7

Group C

Mr.Nice Guy
    LeeJM
    linvoysblues
    beakerjoe

Gameweek #8 (This Week)

beakerjoe vs linvoysblues
    Mr.Nice Guy vs LeeJM

Gameweek #10

LeeJM vs beakerjoe
    linvoysblues vs Mr.Nice Guy

Gameweek #12

beakerjoe vs Mr.Nice Guy
    linvoysblues vs LeeJM

As promised here is a Q&A that I hope will address any questions you may have.

Will this Cup game affect the league game that has been running up to now?

No, the league is separate and will continue to run each week. This Cup game is in addition to that game and it will run every second week.

Will we have to pick two squads for the Cup And League game?

No. The seven-person squad you submit each week will be used for both the League AND the Cup on Cup weeks.
    How are the matches decided?

The player with the most points from his squad wins the tie and gains 3 points. If it's a draw, then both players share one point. There's nothing for a loss.
    How is qualification from the groups determined?

Qualification shall be determined in the following ways:

- The player with the most points from the match-ups advances.

- In the event that players share the same points, then the player with the highest score from his seven-person squad advances.

- In the event that both players share the same score from their squad, then the head-to-head record determines who advances.

- In the event that the head-to-head record fails to settle it, then the player with the best score from his captaincy choices throughout the group shall advance.

- In the unlikely event that all of the above fails to settle it, then a special one-off tie will determine who advances.
    How will the quarter-finals operate?

The quarter-finals will be seeded with each group winner and the best runner-up being top seeds. Those who met in the group stages will be kept apart for the Q-F draw.

Both the quarter-finals and the semi-finals will be two-legged affairs, whereas in the group stages we'll play each other just once.

Did I miss anything? If you've got something on your mind that you don't think I covered, feel free to ask about it here in the thread.

On to Gameweek #8 (First Rd of Cup)...

Deadline

The deadline will be before the commencement of Monday Night Raw, so you have all weekend plus Monday to make transfers and/or submit your squad.

Transfers

You know the deal. You've the option of making 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Captaincy

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

New players

Entry to the Cup is now closed but new players can still participate in the league. We will allocate you a place and provide you points level with the lowest player on the leaderboard so you can climb the table. Think you can do better than us?

Good luck

I hope the first round of the Cup proves good fun. May the best men win. Here is a reminder of the matches for this week:
    Gameweek #8 Cup Ties

Group A

Stereomaniac vs Cheese Wagstaff
    Bounty Hunter vs Hashtag_Heel

Group B

thebostoncrab vs Scavenger XIII
    A Brad Maddox Guy vs DM_7

Group C

beakerjoe vs linvoysblues
    Mr.Nice Guy vs LeeJM

So what do you think of the group you landed? Are you concerned? Quietly confident? Will the fact this is a Cup week change your plans at all?

Transfers Out:

TOP TIER: Nikki Bella
    MID TIER: King Barrett
    BOTTOM TIER: Diego

Transfers In:

TOP TIER: Ryback
    MID TIER: Naomi
    BOTTOM TIER: Sin Cara

Full Squad for Gameweek 8:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Big Show
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose
    TOP TIER - Ryback

MID-TIER - Cesaro
    MID-TIER - Naomi

BOTTOM TIER - Sin Cara

My captain: Cesaro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

TOP TIER - Seth Rollins Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Charlotte Randy Orton
    TOP TIER - Sheamus
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens

MID-TIER - Neville
    MID-TIER - Cesaro

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain: Cesaro Neville

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Top Tier
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins
    Kevin Owens
    Sheamus

Mid-Tier
    Neville
    The Miz Cesaro

Bottom Tier
    Bo Dallas Sin Cara

Team Captain:
    Sheamus Cesaro

taking a chance this week with my captain selection, could pay off big time but most likely like captaining Stardust last week (where he didn't have a match) it'll backfire... and in a cup week too

Top Tier
    Randy Orton
    Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Nikki BellaSasha Banks

Mid Tier
    Stardust
    King Barrett Cesaro

Bottom Tier
    Kalisto

Captain
    StardustKalisto!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out Sasha Banks, in Randy Orton

Top Tier:
    Kevin Owens
    Randy Orton - Captain
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins

Mid Tier:
    Neville
    Cesaro

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Roman Reigns out, Sheamus in.
    Cesaro out, Neville in.
    Rusev out, Big E in.

Captain this week is going to be Big Wool.

Seth Rollins
    Sheamus
    Charlotte
    Sasha Banks

Big E - (Captain)
    Neville

Kalisto

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Top Tier
    Captain John Cena
    The Big Show
    Becky Lynch
    Sheamus out Charlotte in

Middle Tier
    Kofi Kingston
    Big E. Langston

Lower Tier
    Konnor O'Brian out Bo Dallas in

Charlotte OUT Sasha Banks IN
    Rusev OUT Big E IN

Top Tier
    Randy Orton
    Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Sasha Banks

Mid Tier
    Stardust
    Big E

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Captain
    Big E

Cesaro out - Neville in
    Sheamus out - Ryback in
    Nikki out - Paige in

Captain change from Barrett to Neville

Updated Line Up:

Paige
    Ambrose
    Orton
    Ryback

Neville (C)
    Barrett

Sin Cara

Gotta say fair play MNG this does make watching more interesting especially on weeks like this one for me

2 of my guys didn't wrestle on Raw but the other 5 did and all 5 won including my 3 subs in, one of which was captain Kalisto!

So thats 5 points automatically for the 5 appearances
    Top tier wins for Sasha, Randy & Reigns = 6 points
    mid tier win for Cesaro = 3points
    and a bottom tier win for captain Kaliso = 10points

so team BH get 24 points just for Raw if im not mistaken of course the first week I do really well is also the first time I count my own scores

Gotta say fair play MNG this does make watching more interesting especially on weeks like this one for me

2 of my guys didn't wrestle on Raw but the other 5 did and all 5 won including my 3 subs in, one of which was captain Kalisto!

So thats 5 points automatically for the 5 appearances
    Top tier wins for Sasha, Randy & Reigns = 6 points
    mid tier win for Cesaro = 3points
    and a bottom tier win for captain Kaliso = 10points

so team BH get 24 points just for Raw if im not mistaken of course the first week I do really well is also the first time I count my own scores

It's 25 points by my calculations. I think you may have omitted the extra appearance point you earned from having Kalisto as captain.

I'll post up my sums to avoid any confusion:

Bounty Hunter's Squad:

Top Tier
    Randy Orton = (1 app. pt +2 for win) = 3 pts
    Seth Rollins = 0 pts
    Roman Reigns (1 app. pt + 2 for win) = 3 pts
    Sasha Banks (1 app. pt +2 for win) = 3 pts

Mid Tier
    Stardust = 0 pts
    Cesaro (1 app. pt +3 for win) = 4 pts

Bottom Tier
    Kalisto (1 app. pt + 5 for win) x 2 for captaincy = 12 pts

Total = 25 pts

I'm adding up all the scores now so I hope to have the updated table up soon along with the latest scores in the cup ties. Watch this space...

220px-WWE_Raw_logo.png

The go-home Raw show before Summerslam is in the record books and now it's time to see what effect that has had on our league table and to check out the latest scores in the first round of the Cup.

I figured that most attention this week would centre on the Cup, but it turns out the biggest surprise affected our league table. Read on for more...

Gameweek 8 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. DM_7...............................................................................176 points

2. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................175 points

3. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................170 points

4. Bounty Hunter...................................................................168 points

5. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................165 points

6. LeeJM..............................................................................157 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................148 points

8. linvoysblues......................................................................144 points

9. thebostoncrab....................................................................124 points

10. Stereomaniac...................................................................121 points

11. beakerjoe........................................................................119 points

12. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................115 points

13. Zemuppet.........................................................................90 points

Raw Fallout (League)

No, people, your eyes are not deceiving you. For the first time in TWO MONTHS Cheese Wagstaff is finally displaced at the top of the table and DM_7 is the new league leader. DM_7's score of twenty points, the joint second-highest for Raw, was enough to edge him into top position. The question now, however, with Smackdown still to come, is can DM_7 see out the gameweek on top? Or will Cheese Wagstaff's squad wrestle back control?

The highest score for Raw went to Bounty Hunter with 25 – yes, 25! – points scored. His decision to stick the captaincy on Kalisto paid off handsomely, along with wins for Orton, Reigns, Sasha Banks and Cesaro. If I'm not mistaken this is the second-highest single score for a show and it's enough to move Bounty Hunter back into the top four.

Elsewhere, three players shared the second-highest score of twenty points: DM_7 as already mentioned, Scavenger XIII and myself. But there were several players not far behind.

The average score for Raw was 14.5 points.

Raw Fallout (Fantasy Cup)

As we still have Smackdown to come, you might say we are at half-time in the Cup ties. Here are the latest scores:

Gameweek #8 Cup Ties (Post-Raw)

Group A

Stereomaniac 5 - 12 Cheese Wagstaff

Bounty Hunter 25 - 19 Hashtag_Heel

Group B

thebostoncrab 8 - 20 Scavenger XIII

A Brad Maddox Guy 17 - 20 DM_7

Group C

beakerjoe 12 - 12 linvoysblues

Mr.Nice Guy 20 - 18 LeeJM

Most of the ties look pretty finely balanced to me and it's possible Smackdown's results could completely swing matters.

There are solid leads in Group A, but they don't look impossible to overturn.

In Group B, Scavenger XIII is probably looking the best bet to bag the three points, although who knows what might happen? The other tie looks very close.

Group C is currently the closest group. Anything could happen here. It's very much squeaky bum time in this one.

Raw Results

Randy Orton and Cesaro defeated Kevin Owens and Sheamus

Roman Reigns defeated Luke Harper

Becky Lynch defeated Tamina

Rusev defeated Mark Henry

Ryback defeated The Miz

The Prime Time Players and The Lucha Dragons defeated Big E, Kofi Kingston and Los Matadores

Sasha Banks defeated Nikki Bella

The NXT women continue to be booked well. Rusev is still notching up wins. Ryback returned with a bang, and Cesaro and Orton continue to be presented well.

No Neville match was a surprise as it's been a sure thing almost every week up to now. That hurt a lot of squads, though there is still Smackdown to come.

New sign-ups

Entry to the Cup is now closed, but those who would like to get involved in the league may do so. We will allocate you points level with the lowest score in the league and let you work your way up the leaderboard.

That's it for now. On to what will no doubt be, for us, a very eagerly anticipated episode of Smackdown.

Wow, three transfers out all picked up wins last night. Hindsight is a great thing, but a shocking call on my part! Here's hoping that Smackdown sees me back where I belong.

Fair dues to DM, I'm gunning for you now though! ;)

• Advertisement

well played DM to have caught Wagstaff whom I have nothing against but it is nice tohave so much competition at the top instead of a run away leader, and yep MNG your right with your addition of my score... thats why I leave it to yourself normally.

Hopefully my 2 lads who didn't have matches get one on SD (Stardust and Barrett should probably team up and get a win before their SS match imo).

Advertisement