Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other people's rude children

Options
13

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano


    whatswhat wrote: »
    This is exactly how kids turn out when their parents treat them like little Buddhas, worshipping them and believe they can do no wrong. They are not taught respect or even right from wrong these days.
    A clip round the ear never hurt anyone and sure as hell made you not repeat whatever you did wrong. You learned from your mistakes and got told to apologise. Those days are gone.

    Christ, you sound old. Every generation thinks the next one is out of control, nothing new. Corporal punishment is for the lazy


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady


    Not to this extent. Irish youth used to be a lot more polite when I first arrived here. There has been a marked rise of scummy children. And I'm not talking stereotype working class single mom's. Scummy self entitled behaviour is prevalent within the youth these days. Lack of respect with also a lack of respect for authority. I.e teachers, Garda take your pick, Challenge the scummy kids and you get “You can't do that” “You can't touch me” “I know my rights”.


    I'm from a middle class town and this kind of behaviour was common in the mid-90s. My own brother was a bit of a little **** in the 80s (to put it mildly) as were his mates. Not trying to prove any point but just stating fact. Still ****ty behaviour, obviously.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath


    I'm from a middle class town and this kind of behaviour was common in the mid-90s. My own brother was a bit of a little **** in the 80s (to put it mildly) as were his mates. Not trying to prove any point but just stating fact. Still ****ty behaviour, obviously.

    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it never happened but there has been a marked increase over the last 20 years.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,896 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005


    Crowds of feral pre teens and teens congregate outside my parent's house ... My car is in bits they keep bouncing a ball off it, scraping it with their bikes and sitting on it. given up shouting at them it makes them worse :(

    If I had a sniper rifle I could take them all out one by one ... Oh even the thought of it is such satisfaction.

    I now park my car away from he green they loiter on when I come to visit.

    I'd call into the parents but the main ****er who does it his parents don't give a **** :rolleyes: they'd orobsbly damage the car more because I complained.

    I'm not the only one however, they sit on the opposite neighbours wall all the time and bounce balls of the side of his van and hop over the wall to get balls despite the fact that he has a lot of expensive building supplier, they don't give a ****.

    I have a big dog .... But he's not scary enough, I'll borrow a pitbull next time I tell them to get the fcuk off my car to make them fear me more!

    There is around 40 of them .... I'll get a picture of them it's like feeding time at the zoo, mob mentality works well here and young lads showing off to girls think they're so clever and witty

    Get a few people with video cameras to turn up every now and again to film them. Make sure that they stay completely silent and give no reaction to any verbal abuse. If any of the teens make threatening gestures or use offensive language try to get closer to them to let them know they are being picked out. If any of them start to move away follow them with a camera for a while. Maybe even play back the footage to them straight after it is recorded.

    There does not appear to be any law against doing this, even workers and Gardai going about their business can be filmed with impunity. So I don't see any reason why anti social behaviour couldn't be filmed, and they are hardly likely to call the Gardai to complain. Water protestors, anti eviction groups etc even post their recordings on social media. People being filmed in this way seem to find the experience unsettling, so it could be worth trying. If any actual damage to property or physical attack on a camera person is filmed the footage could be presented to the Gardai.


  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon


    I'm from a middle class town

    Is this wonderful place in Ireland? Have you ever thought that maybe this kind of stuck up your own holiness so prevelant in the last 15 years or so could be the root of some of so called anti social attitudes


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭Heckler


    I lived for a bit in an estate where there were young teens. Every so often an egg, stone, orange was smashed off the front window. Run outside no sign of anyone. Probably just as well. If I caught one and put the fear of god into him I'd probably be on facebook accused of being a pedophile for interacting with a teen and looking forward to a court date for assaulting a minor.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606


    There is around 40 of them .... I'll get a picture of them it's like feeding time at the zoo, mob mentality works well here and young lads showing off to girls think they're so clever and witty


    So your telling me your a grown man whose going to take a picture of a group of teenagers.Let us see how they explain to their parents.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom


    Time for my weekly "I'm glad i live in the countryside post".


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Go over and punch the loudest one right in the nose and then run away. You're the one exercising - chances are that they won't be able to keep up. :pac:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady


    tigerboon wrote: »
    Is this wonderful place in Ireland? Have you ever thought that maybe this kind of stuck up your own holiness so prevelant in the last 15 years or so could be the root of some of so called anti social attitudes


    :confused:


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored


    I typically tell the ringleader if I had a girlfriend as brutal as theirs I would keep myself sheepish. They generally then go ballistic shouting obscenities and how they'll kick my head in, at which point I turn round and start to walk slowly towards them. Oddly they go rather sheepish then, I then say something about waiting until they're bigger and more of a challenge and go on my merry way. The thing is they're very brave when they think you'll keep moving, not so much when they start thinking you're the "one" who doesn't give a sh1te about the law. Gives me great satisfaction to know they've been shown up in front of the tramps of girlfriends they were trying to impress in the first place.


  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92


    Next time go jogging in your car. Jog right into the little fcuks!


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat


    i was walking the dogs on the beach recently (in this unreal weather)

    so myself and the other half had our tops off walking on the beach(i was in a sports bra!)

    a group of id say 15-17 yr olds were there and saw my other half, immediately being rude and shouting arnie at him (he's in good nick)

    i got so angry that these scrawny things were basically putting down my other half for the years of training to have good shape!

    i wanted him to go square up to the boys just to teach them a lesson, but his answer was 'ah, they're kids, who cares.'

    I would have loved to see them scared and maybe learn a lesson.

    one day they will say things to the wrong person though....


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas


    :confused:

    Ah no. Another good poster bites the dust. :mad:


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy


    There was a group of little scummers who used to give my dad a load of hassle when he was just going about his business. One night they ****ed a snowball at the door when I happened to be in the hall and I legged it out, caught the 'ring leader', threw him on the ground and gave him an almighty boot in the back and he started crying like a little bitch.
    That was the last we ever saw of them.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Floppybits


    shakencat wrote: »

    a group of id say 15-17 yr olds were there and saw my other half, immediately being rude and shouting arnie at him (he's in good nick)

    I wouldn't see this as an insult. I would take it as more of a compliment. I noticed that if you are anyway in shape they tend not too insult or say anything.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat


    Floppybits wrote: »
    I wouldn't see this as an insult. I would take it as more of a compliment. I noticed that if you are anyway in shape they tend not too insult or say anything.

    they were being rude and saying other things, thats just the main thing i remember!

    maybe you are right though...


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    I agree with the OP. Some teens can be very intimidating and abusive, because they know they'll get away with it. I think the current generation are worse than previous ones, they don't fear punishment because they don't get any. If somebody complained to the parents of these kids the odds are that the adult would get a bollocking from the parents because their little angels are incapable of bad behaviour. Pally parenting is a cop out.

    I'd say you are the first person to make this ground breaking statement


  • Posts: 24,715 [Deleted User]


    Was talking to my my dad there, he has a new car (well 2011 car he got it a few months ago) and they were throwing stones at each other beside the car, which is now covered in lovely stone marks :rolleyes:

    If this was being done to my car lets just say Id be in need of a new pitching wedge as it would be warped from beating the cnuts.
    So your telling me your a grown man whose going to take a picture of a group of teenagers.Let us see how they explain to their parents.

    I tell the parents to fcuk off and control their children, Id laugh in their face if they said anything about taking a photo of them.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds


    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it never happened but there has been a marked increase over the last 20 years.

    I think the difference nowadays is that so many kids/teens aren't brought up with the same values that we were taught. There were always kids looking to cause trouble, but the odds are that the other kids in the group would stop them from doing stuff because they thought it was wrong. Also, if we or any of the neighbourhood kids got caught, or were even suspected by our parents, of having been a smart arse to adults we'd have had the legs taken from under us and been grounded.

    They have too much freedom. I regularly see little kids in my area wandering around after 9.30pm on a weekend. Sure Jesus, I had to be in by 10pm when I was in secondary school in the 80's.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau


    So your telling me your a grown man whose going to take a picture of a group of teenagers.Let us see how they explain to their parents.

    Never heard of a bloke called KissKissKiss Jenny KissKissKiss.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22 K.P. Egan


    Crowds of feral pre teens and teens congregate outside my parent's house ... My car is in bits they keep bouncing a ball off it, scraping it with their bikes and sitting on it. given up shouting at them it makes them worse :(

    If I had a sniper rifle I could take them all out one by one ... Oh even the thought of it is such satisfaction.

    I now park my car away from he green they loiter on when I come to visit.

    I'd call into the parents but the main ****er who does it his parents don't give a **** :rolleyes: they'd orobsbly damage the car more because I complained.

    I'm not the only one however, they sit on the opposite neighbours wall all the time and bounce balls of the side of his van and hop over the wall to get balls despite the fact that he has a lot of expensive building supplier, they don't give a ****.

    I have a big dog .... But he's not scary enough, I'll borrow a pitbull next time I tell them to get the fcuk off my car to make them fear me more!

    There is around 40 of them .... I'll get a picture of them it's like feeding time at the zoo, mob mentality works well here and young lads showing off to girls think they're so clever and witty

    I wonder if these work.
    Could you get one and report back here with the results.

    The Mosquito anti-loitering device
    The 'mosquito' alarm emits a screeching noise, similar to nails down a blackboard
    The tone emitted from the device can only be heard by teenagers and people under 25 years old.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru


    I think it's parents who have changed a lot from previous generations, more than children. Kids will always try and get away with name calling, making too much noise etc. But when I was a child if a neighbour came out and gave out to you, you scarpered because you knew there'd be trouble if your parents heard you'd been causing hassle.
    Nowadays parents are just as likely to come out with their arms folded and start belligerently defending their children.

    Last summer I asked a group of kids three times to stop kicking a ball up against my railings at 10 o'clock and go and play on the green. The third time I said I'd speak to their parents if they continued to ignore me and asked a couple of them where they lived. Apparently one of the brats (aged 12) went home whinging and crying and her father started complaining that she wanted to play outside my house and I'd upset her and why did things have to get so 'confrontational'. Well, because she didn't do what she was asked the first time and continued to ignore me, and it was 10 o clock at night, that's why.

    With idiots like that parenting kids it's no wonder some of them are growing up to be spoilt self entitled brats who think no one is entitled to interfere with their fun and enjoyment.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds


    I'd say you are the first person to make this ground breaking statement

    Cool story bro.:rolleyes: Is your life really so dull that you need to fill the void with bitchy posts, or is it school holiday time already?


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35


    Colin Farrells character in True Detective seemed to have an effective way of dealing with a mouthy teenager.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates


    Saying kids are more out of control these days is one of those handy flights of fancy that can't be disproved factually.

    I grew up in the 80s in a rough part of Dublin and I'm chuckling at these windy bullsh1t reminiscences about salt of the earth, diamond kids that politely knew their place and respected adults.

    From what I can make out these days, I think those areas are actually less rough these days and the kids slightly less wild then back then but I guess there's no way of really proving these things.

    Perhaps it's because social media can sometimes allow perception and opinion seem like reality.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast


    Kids are like farts, you can just about stand your own.
    But everybody else's are disgusting.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0


    Similar thing happened to myself and my girlfriend in fairview park a few months ago. Out jogging past a group of lads and one of them said something to my gf, I just turned around and asked "what did you say you fat ****" and he **** himself.

    Just be aggressive and assertive with them


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493


    When I was a teenager and got hassle from these kind of 'people' I used to knock the ****e out of them.

    These days I'm bigger and stronger and I rarely get hassle from anyone.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat


    Cienciano wrote: »
    Christ, you sound old. Every generation thinks the next one is out of control, nothing new. Corporal punishment is for the lazy

    I agree that every generation thinks the next one is out of control but the general census on this thread is that kids are going too far these days. Stoning a new car? Would you shrug that off if it was your car?

    I do not agree that corporal punishment is lazy and I am not old either.

    If any of my kids marked a new car, I would give them a slap and I wouldn't give a sh!te who saw me slap them either.


Advertisement