Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Court

Options
  • 19-06-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

We are looking to buy a house in Charlesland court, Greystones and observed that there are two inspection chambers in the back garden along with 1 sewage access point.

We are concerned that these might be the only inspection chambers for the row of houses in that line. And if they have any blockage in the pipes, we will have to provide access to them or to the county council to have the pipes unblocked.

Does anyone living in Charlesland Court have these kinds of inspection chambers or manholes in the back garden? and Has there been any flooding problems in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

Charlesland is private so it won't be the council unblocking them but the ones in the back are for that specific house there is generally a public access one out the front of one of the houses in the row

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Also in the Court and we came across 2 chambers in the back garden when digging out for a new deck 10 years ago (they had been burried by builders).
    Anyway we left an access point on the deck on the off chance access was needed and have never had any type of issues, no issues with flooding etc in the estate.

I would'nt be put off by this,

do it,....do it,........do it,...............:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 er_akhil

Thanks a lot guys...thats a big relief...I have approached Wicklow County Council asking for Drainage Maps for the area anyways. Looking forward to be your neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

As far as i know (although i am in wood) all the houses have two of these at the back. one is for drainage and one is for release of gas from the ground under the house.
    They are normally hidden under the decking unless you do any landscaping in your garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

I'm currently living in the court. I've been here 11 years and have had no issues with flooding. I remember when I was buying looking at a map showing where previous (pre Charlesland) flooding occurred and the stream flooded into the wood in the main down towards seaborne apartments. Sorry I don't have a link or source but it was 11 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DC1884

er_akhil wrote: »
    Thanks a lot guys...thats a big relief...I have approached Wicklow County Council asking for Drainage Maps for the area anyways. Looking forward to be your neighbours.

Well did you buy? We are looking at a property in the court.

Advertisement