Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Did I win anything - betting on Irish lottery?

• 10-06-2015 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

I took a bet, or rather four bets on tonight's Irish lottery - I selected five numbers from six in the main draw.

The stake was €1 per line.

I think it said €6 for 1 number, €60 for two, but it mentions accumulator on every line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

on_my_oe wrote: »
    I took a bet, or rather four bets on tonight's Irish lottery - I selected five numbers from six in the main draw.

The stake was €1 per line.

I think it said €6 for 1 number, €60 for two, but it mentions accumulator on every line.

All losers im afraid. An acummulator means every number you selected has to be correct or you get zilch.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

FFS then how does the odds 1 number = 6/1, 2 numbers = 66/1 etc apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

on_my_oe wrote: »
    FFS then how does the odds 1 number = 6/1, 2 numbers = 66/1 etc apply?

If you do a e1 bet on a single number, its 6-1. You can also do a bet on 2,3,4,5 or 6 numbers but every number you choose has to come up. You did a 5 number bet so all of them have to come up.

If you work out the maths behind it the bookies would be insane to let you pick 5 numbers and if any of them come up you get a return, think about it for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Stop placing bets not actually knowing what you are backing.

Pet peeve of mine when people come on here asking if they won the bet. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

callaway92 wrote: »
    Stop placing bets not actually knowing what you are backing.

Pet peeve of mine when people come on here asking if they won the bet. . . .

Pet peeve of mine is folk giving out for an honest question. If everyone is as helpful as you are, it's no wonder that the racing industry struggles to attract interest from new punters.

I read the back of the coupon, and thought I understood it. Obviously I was wrong, but that doesn't mean it requires you to give out to me. Short story, if you don't like the question, hit the back button and move on to something else. I've been placing bets on horses for twenty years, in four different countries, as I have family in the horse racing industry. I think the bet fairies can forgive me one question.

• Advertisement
Advertisement