Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Downloading the demo now. I've only played the 3rd as it was on ps+ for free. For some reason I've always avoided ever playing uncharted until then. How wrong was I!! I loved the game and can't wait to play the first two that I hasn't got the pleasure to play yet aswell as platinum them all hopefully.
    Game Collection if you use Parcel Motel, €55. Probably get it the night before to Parcel Motel (I have each time).

Is game collection a website?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Downloading the demo now. I've only played the 3rd as it was on ps+ for free. For some reason I've always avoided ever playing uncharted until then. How wrong was I!! I loved the game and can't wait to play the first two that I hasn't got the pleasure to play yet aswell as platinum them all hopefully.

Is game collection a website?

Yep, top notch site based in Swansea, cant recommend them enough. Prices are always the best Ive found.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/

Yep, top notch site based in Swansea, cant recommend them enough. Prices are always the best Ive found.

So you often receive games in our pm motel the night before release day? Pretty handy if so. I'll give them a look. Cheers.

So you often receive games in our pm motel the night before release day? Pretty handy if so. I'll give them a look. Cheers.

Yep. They're brilliant. Last order was PES2016 and it arrived in my PM in Blackrock on the night before release date.

Often find that they're the cheapest online too.

Check out their trustpilot rating too, they're 9.7 out of 10.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Is the relase date the 7th or 9th?

• Advertisement

9th (from Playstation Ireland website)

Yep. They're brilliant. Last order was PES2016 and it arrived in my PM in Blackrock on the night before release date.

Often find that they're the cheapest online too.

Check out their trustpilot rating too, they're 9.7 out of 10.

Nice one. I've often wanted a website that post you games early lol

Nice one. I've often wanted a website that post you games early lol

Haha tell me about it, having to pay €70 in a store is now behind me.

I ordered MGS on a Thursday morning before from them, it shipped in the afternoon and I had it on the Monday in my Irish address (and it wasn't out til the Tuesday). Ordered PES to my UK PM as I mentioned and had it night before so they've a good record with me. They ship to Ireland for €2 and Parcel Motel works out at €4, free UK P&P plus the PM charge. Both came ahead of time but think I trust the UK PM system better as i think they just sent out MGS early (people in UK got them on the Friday before Tuesday release)

Also I picked up PES for €40 on pre-order. Have AC and Fallout ordered for €50 and €42. That's already saved me about €50+ on retail stores just on those three games.

I ordered MGS on a Thursday morning before from them, it shipped in the afternoon and I had it on the Monday in my Irish address (and it wasn't out til the Tuesday). Ordered PES to my UK PM as I mentioned and had it night before so they've a good record with me. They ship to Ireland for €2 and Parcel Motel works out at €4, free UK P&P plus the PM charge. Both came ahead of time but think I trust the UK PM system better as i think they just sent out MGS early (people in UK got them on the Friday before Tuesday release)

Also I picked up PES for €40 on pre-order. Have AC and Fallout ordered for €50 and €42. That's already saved me about €50+ on retail stores just on those three games.

So I should definetely use the PM UK route. Definetely beats going to your local xtravision for €75 or town for €65 plus bus fare haha

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

I feel like an idiot here. I'm on the checkout page for a purchase on Game Collection. Do I enter the UK or Irish address I was given by parcel motel?

Why should I use Parcel motel instead of the Royal Mail delivery? they are both similar charges right?
    Surely getting it delivered to a parcel motel building and then delivered to my local parcel motel thingy takes longer no?

• Advertisement

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    I feel like an idiot here. I'm on the checkout page for a purchase on Game Collection. Do I enter the UK or Irish address I was given by parcel motel?

Why should I use Parcel motel instead of the Royal Mail delivery? they are both similar charges right?
    Surely getting it delivered to a parcel motel building and then delivered to my local parcel motel thingy takes longer no?

Haha, first time I was using it was the same. Use the UK parcel motel address which then re-routes it to your pick-up point wherever that is

As your UK PM address is in the UK and as such all the postage goes through Royal Mail, it'll get there quicker (than to your Irish home address) and then PM will deliver it usually that evening when they receive it in Northern Ireland. Whereas if you go with your Irish home address, it goes through two postal services and can take longer. And using the Irish PM address has no benefit whatsoever.

Another benefit of using the UK PM is that if it is slightly delayed, it'll be delivered to your PM pick-up point on a Friday evening or a Saturday whereas if it misses release day through An Post to your house, you've to wait til the Monday.

Hope that makes sense :)

Thanks for that quick reply, helps a lot.
    One quick question do I put Belfast as the town/city? As that seems to be the postcode location.

No problem at all.

My Game Collection shipping address is (as entered on their website)

Address
    PMXXXXX (whatever your code is)
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey

Town/City
    Antrim

County/Province
    -Left Blank-

Postcode
    BT36 4PE

Country
    United Kingdom (from dropdown)

Anything else, feel free to ask :)

That's perfect, thanks man, was unsure of whether to put Antrim as the county/province. Cheers, ordered now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I've fully paid off my limited edition now, only 8 days to go.

ive ordered today from thegamescollection.

hopefully i get it thursday instead of the friday :D

This is dispatching already from SimplyGames in the UK, wonder if gamescollection follows suit? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Gave the demo ago yesterday. and it looked and played really solid, considering how old the games are. Still a great deal of fun.

wes wrote: »
    Gave the demo ago yesterday. and it looked and played really solid, considering how old the games are. Still a great deal of fun.

seeing as the demo is of the 2nd game, would the 1st one play aswell as the 2nd one in the demo? if so then im impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Trophy lists are out now, not much different from the PS3 ones in the core trophies anyway, in the new ones though.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection/275920-trophy-list.html
    Master Thief Collection
    Find all Treasures and the Strange Relic

The Fat and the Furious
    Complete a Continuous Speed Run as Doughnut Drake
    Too Fat Too Furious
    The Fat and the Furious Yemen Drifter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

How early do they post pre orders from your experience? Not getting Uncharted unfortunately cant afford it at the moment but I'm planning on getting Fallout next month.

How early do they post pre orders from your experience? Not getting Uncharted unfortunately cant afford it at the moment but I'm planning on getting Fallout next month.

Usually about two days before release day. By Royal Mail it hits my parcel motel on the night before release day.

Tempted to cancel my order from gamescollection and buy from simplygames. They've already shipped out and have been received by buyers!

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Tempted to cancel my order from gamescollection and buy from simplygames. They've already shipped out and have been received by buyers!

Already? Wow. That's a pretty bold street date break.

Just remember if you do to PM it and not go with regular post with An Post still on strike!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

seeing as the demo is of the 2nd game, would the 1st one play aswell as the 2nd one in the demo? if so then im impressed

From the reviews I have read, they have tightened up the controls on the 1st Uncharted, so fingers crossed that it plays as good as the other 2.

Shoukd we order from simplygames? Are we guaranteed to get it early?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Usually about two days before release day. By Royal Mail it hits my parcel motel on the night before release day.

One other thing then I promise Ill stop hounding you :D wasn't able to get an official answer on the site but in the case of pre orders do PM debit your card once it arrives at the PM address or is it be debited when I buy the game from games collection

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

€75 in GameStop.... Certainly know where I won't be buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have never played an Unchartered game as I had a 360 and not a PS3 so really looking forward to this.

• Advertisement

One other thing then I promise Ill stop hounding you :D wasn't able to get an official answer on the site but in the case of pre orders do PM debit your card once it arrives at the PM address or is it be debited when I buy the game from games collection

Haha its no problem.

With PM i have credit on the account (top it up by €10 every now and again) and its only debited from when they receive the parcel into their NI office.

Advertisement