Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Equality of marriage and love

1404142434446»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cabaal

pauldla wrote: »
    And what if one of the partners isn't gay but did kinda experiment once for a little while in their early twenties and kinda liked it but didn't really pursue it after that...?

Asking for a friend.

The answer is clear, the child would have to be taken off of them and given to somebody else for between 25-25% of the time.

Need to ensure they are "raised right" after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭ pauldla

Cabaal wrote: »
    The answer is clear, the child would have to be taken off of them and given to somebody else for between 25-25% of the time.

Need to ensure they are "raised right" after all.

Could I just give 20-25% of the child, all the time? The bits I don't like, perhaps?

I mean my friend give. Not me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭ robindch

pauldla wrote: »
    Scurrilous gossip gleaned from the internet: Pence is gay, and has undergone conversation therapy. There are a few skeletons in that closet, it is said.
    Reports coming in that Varadkar will be having breakfast tomorrow morning with his partner, Matt Barrett. Mike Pence will be having breakfast too, though no doubt he'll be eyeing the sausages warily:

https://www.independent.ie/business/brexit/leo-varadkars-partner-matt-barrett-will-accompany-him-to-breakfast-with-us-vicepresident-mike-pence-37910373.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭ recedite

robindch wrote: »
    no doubt he'll be eyeing the sausages warily..
    Sailor uniforms will be de rigeur as it looks like there might be some mutual naval gazing going on over the breakfast.
    last year he and his wife Karen did extend an invitation for both the Taoiseach and Mr Barrett to visit his Washington home at the Naval Observatory
    Karen Pence won't be present as she's in the Abu Dhabi for the Special Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,491 ✭✭✭✭ Hotblack Desiato

Hmm he said he'd never have lunch with a woman unless his wife was present, but gay men are ok... he obviously thinks he's irresistible to women, but not gay guys obviously because of his unprecendented heteroness that jams gaydars at a range of 2000m.

• Advertisement

Mike "beating off with a shîtty stick those straight women who just can't help themselves" Pence.

What a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,325 ✭✭✭✭ Peregrinus

How can I learn his secrets of sexual magnetism?

(Asking for a friend.)

His theory of sexual magnetism is that only opposites can ever attract

• Registered Users Posts: 23,325 ✭✭✭✭ Peregrinus

. . . but, boy, do they attract!!!, seems to be his experience. Which is the bit I'm keen to learn more about.

. . .

I mean, the bit my friend is keen to know more about.

• Advertisement

He's some man for one man.

I've yet to feel the need to send the mrs out of the country just because I'm having lunch with two gay guys, in case one attraction gets in the way of the other, but he's superhetero, not like normal guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭ pauldla

Lifted from YLYL...is Pence making a move on our Leo...?

2u8w84l.jpg

#HandsOffOurTaoiseach

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cabaal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48305708

Taiwan's parliament has become the first in Asia to legalise same-sex marriage following a vote on Friday.

:)

Ashers and Gareth Lee are now off to the European Court of Human Rights to establish whether Mr Lee's human rights were denied when Ashers refused to bake him his cake:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-49350891

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭ antiskeptic

robindch wrote: »
    Ashers and Gareth Lee are now off to the European Court of Human Rights to establish whether Mr Lee's human rights were denied when Ashers refused to bake him his cake:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-49350891

All the hallmarks of a first world problem.
    "This is about limited companies being somehow able to pick and choose which customers they will serve.

"It's such a dangerous precedent."

This man has apparently never been told "Sorry mate, it's members-only" outside a nightclub

First same-sex marriage takes place in Northern Ireland

Robyn Peoples (26) and Sharni Edwards (27) thank campaigners as they make history

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/first-same-sex-marriage-takes-place-in-northern-ireland-1.4170502

Best of luck to them both :)

Contrary to expectations, given the current conservative majority, SCOTUS has ruled that LGBTQ+ workers are protected by civil rights' law. No doubt Mafia Don will reach for his Twitter client and, very slowly and carefully, support this with a thoughtful comment applauding the result:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/15/politics/supreme-court-lgbtq-employment-case/index.html

Great! but just wait until they are asked to rule on gay abortions.

Advertisement