Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Looking for a volunteering activity in Dublin

• 22-05-2015 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8 Burracoman

Hi all,

I moved recently to Dublin from Spain. All the people I met on the begging have left the country and I was thinking that, volunteering with a cause would help me to fill my time and know new people.

I know volunteer.ie, but this post is for asking you, on your own experience, whether you could recommend me any specific organization. I dont have idea where could I fit.

- Although I speak fluent english, it is not perfect. Sometimes is hard to me to understand some people.
    - I wouldn't like to work directly with animals.
    - I work here, so I could only use my weekends.
    - I would like to work with a group of people. I am 29 years old.
    - I work on IT, so I have strong knowledge on programming and computers.

So, I would like to know your experiences and recommendations, because I have searched the list of positions but I am a bit overwhelmed and I don't really know which is the best option for me. Thank you so much.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭ The_Morrigan

Burracoman wrote: »
    Hi all,

I moved recently to Dublin from Spain. All the people I met on the begging have left the country and I was thinking that, volunteering with a cause would help me to fill my time and know new people.

I know volunteer.ie, but this post is for asking you, on your own experience, whether you could recommend me any specific organization. I dont have idea where could I fit.

- Although I speak fluent english, it is not perfect. Sometimes is hard to me to understand some people.
    - I wouldn't like to work directly with animals.
    - I work here, so I could only use my weekends.
    - I would like to work with a group of people. I am 29 years old.
    - I work on IT, so I have strong knowledge on programming and computers.

So, I would like to know your experiences and recommendations, because I have searched the list of positions but I am a bit overwhelmed and I don't really know which is the best option for me. Thank you so much.

Cheers

I volunteer with volunteer Ireland (volunteer.ie) and most of the volunteering I do is with Event Volunteers. We work a lot of events like family fun days, parades, sports events. There is an event coming up at the end of June that they are currently recruiting volunteers for. Drop me a pm if you want any further details.

Morri

Advertisement