Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hatton Garden Robbers

Options
  • 21-05-2015 2:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how the cops managed to catch the thieves? I believe that they found a lot of the loot in their houses, its hard to believe they had the ability to break into the vault of a secure facility but hadnt the cop on to hide the loot away from their residence???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

I agree. I'd love to know how they caught the gang. A movie will be made about this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Mad Benny wrote: »
    I agree. I'd love to know how they caught the gang. A movie will be made about this.

defo, i am suspecting it was a tip off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Didn't they say at the time that there was only a small number of people in the UK with the capability of pulling this off so they probably had a fair idea from the start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

With the sheer physicality of the job, I'd imagine there was buckets of sweat to get DNA from!

I'd imagine to do a job this big, the guys doing it would have previous. Probably already served large sentences. So the cops would surely have samples from one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

"A 1980's team up against twenty first century technology"

One of the gang drove his own car past the bank on CCTV

Only two thirds of the loot recovered.

Seven years for one of the most audacious crimes of all time?

No wonder they thanked the judge!

EDIT Just heard 10 years is the max in UK for non residential burglary and they pleaded guilty.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

well set up for retirement so

Advertisement