Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River fishing :)

Options
  • 19-05-2015 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello to everyone, I am fairly new to this so sorry If I'm posting in the wrong place

Looking to chat with fellow anglers for salmon and trout who fish rivers and lakes. If you want to share your experience or pictures of prized catches please do so here !

I am looking for a bit of advice myself, was fishing along the lee last weekend using dead Minnow. I was getting serious bites non stop throughout the day, was leaving the rod still for as long as I possibly could before having the rod pulled into river.

Every time I went to strike on the rod and set the hook, fish got off. I usually hook the minnow through his bottom lip and out top of his head, can anyone help as to if I am hooking the minnow wrong ? Or what I am doing wrong.

After several hours of frustration I switched to a 'Rapala floating spinning minnow ' Got 2 nice brown trout within a half hour,

But I prefer to leave my rod sit and wait for the bite.. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Use a size 14/16 treble hook , put one hook into the head and put a loop in your line and around the tail to keep minnow straight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

16 treble in the rear just at the back dorsal and bend the body slightly before putting the hook in and a 12 or 10 single hook in the lip
    Slow jerks and when your getting a follow I find speeding up or more jerk motion to trigger the fish to attack

Advertisement