Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy house in city centre

Options
  • 19-05-2015 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi there,

I am looking to buy a house between 200/240 in city centre. I am looking at Cabra East and Black Hourse Avenue. I am seeing an house in Mc Kee Park this week...any feedback?

Has anyone any feedback or suggestion? I have been advised on other post on Clongriffin too but my preference would be for a mature location.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

That's two quite different areas - most of D7 is walking distance to town, Clongriffin is outside the M50 on the DART line.

Most of D7 is grand, I think you'll struggle within your budget though. You really need to go and get a feel for the area. The Northside DART (D5/D13) line will give you some more options but again you have to be a bit careful of the area. You'll get a 5 bed house in Darndale for your budget but you'd need to make sure you're okay with the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

stefaniaf wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am looking to buy a house between 200/240 in city centre. I am looking at Cabra East and Black Hourse Avenue. I am seeing an house in Mc Kee Park this week...any feedback?

Has anyone any feedback or suggestion? I have been advised on other post on Clongriffin too but my preference would be for a mature location.

Thanks

Most people wouldn't call either of those places city centre.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

You will have no problem getting something in Cabra/D7 for that kind of money. Not exactly walking distance but bike or taxi its very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 stefaniaf

matrim wrote: »
    Most people wouldn't call either of those places city centre.

I guess I am looking to a 30/20 minutes walk range to the city centre.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

stefaniaf wrote: »
    I guess I am looking to a 30/20 minutes walk range to the city centre.

Even still, Cabra is a 30-40 minute walk to Heuston, never mind the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Stay away from Mckee Park. Much nicer areas in D7.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 stefaniaf

Stay away from Mckee Park. Much nicer areas in D7.

Cannot copy the link but the house is on the main road. 82 McKee Park, Blackhorse Avenue, Dublin 7

Would that not be safe being on the main road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm from near enough that area. There's a shop about 50meters from that house that didn't open passed 6pm because of 'undesirables'.

Advertisement