Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

!! Accounting 2015 - predictions, guesses, discussions, head-scratching ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

People predicting cash flow is freaking me out now. Basically ignoring them and published because I find there's too much learning in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

People predicting cash flow is freaking me out now. Basically ignoring them and published because I find there's too much learning in them.

I'm the same. If it's not tabular, incomplete records or club I'll have to do the ratios question, which I've never done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Love tabs so much! I've been faultless with then so far, and would push up my percentage a bit if they came up.

It could be similar to 2011, and that may be the reason why they won't put up Clubs. I think Incomplete or Cash Flow will come up. Very nice paper in store for us!

Is anyone covering like Service accounts, Suspense and Published accounts? I hate the interpretations, and might glance over published and service worst case scenario.

Love tabs so much! I've been faultless with then so far, and would push up my percentage a bit if they came up.

It could be similar to 2011, and that may be the reason why they won't put up Clubs. I think Incomplete or Cash Flow will come up. Very nice paper in store for us!

Is anyone covering like Service accounts, Suspense and Published accounts? I hate the interpretations, and might glance over published and service worst case scenario.

Service are basically just club in disguise anyway. A backwards method incomplete records and tabular would be my favoured option :p

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

Are farm accounts a possibility for the 100m?

• Advertisement

Are farm accounts a possibility for the 100m?

Yes. They came up in 2012 (I think) examcraft mock. They're on the syllabus, and Murphy's laws must be applied! :P Chances are extremely low though.

Yes. They came up in 2012 (I think) examcraft mock. They're on the syllabus, and Murphy's laws must be applied! :P Chances are extremely low though.

Great. =/

Anyone have some sample 100m Farm Account q's?

Now that really would be lovely. We have a thing in our class about farm accounts. The other lad in the class refers to them as good ol' farm account. Probably due to the fact that we are farmers :p

Blue giant wrote: »
    Now that really would be lovely. We have a thing in our class about farm accounts. The other lad in the class refers to them as good ol' farm account. Probably due to the fact that we are farmers :p

Hahaha I won't guess where you're from :P
    Great. =/

Anyone have some sample 100m Farm Account q's?

I can put up the question along with the marking schemes of the mock question. Otherwise, one could practice the 60markers.

But let me reiterate, the chances are extremely low, especially since Service firms came up last year. I don't know where my papers went, but looking at the previous 60 markers will also tell you if their due up or not.

Hahaha I won't guess where you're from :P

I can put up the question along with the marking schemes of the mock question. Otherwise, one could practice the 60markers.

But let me reiterate, the chances are extremely low, especially since Service firms came up last year. I don't know where my papers went, but looking at the previous 60 markers will also tell you if their due up or not.

If you could that'd be great!

• Advertisement

In case you're wondering, ewe is a type of lamb. I'm sure the blue giant will know all about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

My teacher thinks:
    Company Final A/C
    Incomplete Records
    Tabular

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's actually a female sheep, not necessarily a lamb. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

Hopefully q1 will be a manufacturing and q6 and q7 club accounts and incomplete record type b. They can do whatever they want for q8 and hopefully a straight forward cash budget for q9. That would make my life.

eoin12345 wrote: »
    Hopefully q1 will be a manufacturing and q6 and q7 club accounts and incomplete record type b. They can do whatever they want for q8 and hopefully a straight forward cash budget for q9. That would make my life.

Can't see club and incomplete coming up together. Too similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

Blue giant wrote: »
    Can't see club and incomplete coming up together. Too similar.

Yeah probably too idealistic a paper!!! Either or will do though

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

Anyone have any online resources they use, or any recommended books? Personally I'm using "Taking Account" by Sile Minogue and find it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Scirpt wrote: »
    Anyone have any online resources they use, or any recommended books? Personally I'm using "Taking Account" by Sile Minogue and find it very good.

I like Taking Account and I have Graded Accounting as well which I find great. At this stage it's the exam papers and pre papers I'm working from though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GuyWithAFace

Hey could someone tell me if I'd be fine not studying product costing and marginal costing if I can do every Q9 in the papers? I plan on doing Q9 in the exam and I'm just wondering if they would through in a mixed question that's never been given yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Luke Armstrong

Hey could someone tell me if I'd be fine not studying product costing and marginal costing if I can do every Q9 in the papers? I plan on doing Q9 in the exam and I'm just wondering if they would through in a mixed question that's never been given yet?

They might mix flexible and cash budget but doubt they'll mix Q9 +Q9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Daire234

Should it be enough to just learn the theory from past exam paper questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Irisheddy

I think it's going to be:
    1. company
    6/7. club and tabular (incompletes came up as a 6/7 last time they were up so I think they'll be a 2/3/4)
    8. some sort of costing

• Registered Users Posts: 7 12hello345

do you think is there any chance of departmental coming up as q1??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnh100

My prediction for HL accounting paper. 1. Manufacturing. 2. Debtors Control Account. 3. Revaluation of Fixed assets. 4. Farm Account. 5. Ratios. 6. Tabular. 7. Incomplete (B). 8. ? (Not sure). 9. Cash Budget. I am thinking of doing farm and debtor a/c instead of 120 marker as them both seem likely. Any one else agree or disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Katezz

Is there any chance suspense could come up again? Don't know it at all :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 numbers13

johnh100 wrote: »
    My prediction for HL accounting paper. 1. Manufacturing. 2. Debtors Control Account. 3. Revaluation of Fixed assets. 4. Farm Account. 5. Ratios. 6. Tabular. 7. Incomplete (B). 8. ? (Not sure). 9. Cash Budget. I am thinking of doing farm and debtor a/c instead of 120 marker as them both seem likely. Any one else agree or disagree?

I agree with you I'll be doing the 60 markers as well but if you're going to do that make sure you cover all three well, no point in risking it if control or farm don't come up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

johnh100 wrote: »

Agree and hope this will be the paper! Job costing Q8.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

I really hope company comes up instead of manufacturing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tcofla

So for the schools who only do one type of question from section 3 what is it they do? Do they only go budgeting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Luke Armstrong

Where do people learn theory? from marking schemes or book?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement