Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is digiweb down for anyone else

Options
  • 06-05-2015 2:10am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭

About 40-50mins ago I lost my connection, dsl line is still up but connection to digiweb is down

Anyone else with digiweb experiencing an outage?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Back up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Hope you're ok after those 6 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

degsie wrote: »
    Hope you're ok after those 6 mins!

She/He did say that they'd been down for up to 50 minutes at the time of the first post. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

The last time I had downtime with digiweb It was gone for 2 days, I rang them the second day and after 25 mins on the phone we realised my login password had changed from what I was given approximately 10 years ago. for some reason after all these years an automatic update in digiwebs network changed my login password so the line was normal but they couldn't figure out why I couldn't connect to them. From then on all digiwebs passwords are the same as your account name.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hi,

Digiweb Home Broadband (dsl) is down for me since this afternoon. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

byrnefm wrote: »
    Hi,

Digiweb Home Broadband (dsl) is down for me since this afternoon. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Mines fine all day, location is Meath if its any use

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Barney846

Down in Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Hi lads is digiweb down in Galway today? Can’t get it to work and notice a red los light on the siro wall thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

ok guys still down here in galway,.....anyone else encountering this?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The ONT is off the network, call digiweb so Siro can be dispatched. Unless neighbors are reporting it they wont spontaneously appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

Mine is down too same issue. SIRO not calling out until Monday afternoon unfortunately. Is this a common issue? I've only recently switched from VM to Digiweb/SIRO about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

Just wanted to post an update in case anyone else is searching this issue. The SIRO engineer told me they are getting lots of call-outs for LOS issues and they think it could be due to the hot weather. The theory is, the heat is causing swelling or expansion of the cable/join and knocking the optical cable out of alignment. The had me back up and running after about 20 mins. Great service TBF.

Advertisement