Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle storage at the Train Station?

Options
  • 01-05-2015 11:21am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 44


    Hi,

    I found an old thread on this (2009) but I'm wondering if there has been any developments on this since. I may have the reason to commute to Galway train station. From there I'll need to cycle to my destination.

    I'm wondering if there is any secure storage for bicycles? It was my intention that once I get to the train station to cycle to my destination which would require storing my bike over night.


    Thanks in advance.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo


    DJDOO wrote: »
    Hi,

    I found an old thread on this (2009) but I'm wondering if there has been any developments on this since. I may have the reason to commute to Galway train station. From there I'll need to cycle to my destination.

    I'm wondering if there is any secure storage for bicycles? It was my intention that once I get to the train station to cycle to my destination which would require storing my bike over night.


    Thanks in advance.

    There is outdoor bike space which i covered by cctv.


  • Registered Users Posts: 44 DJDOO


    There is outdoor bike space which i covered by cctv.

    Thanks for that.

    Is that at the station? Are there charges for using the area?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste


    The answer is No. There is no safe storage.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy


    Could use one of the Galway Coca Cola Zero bikes.... There's a bike station not far from the train station


  • Registered Users Posts: 44 DJDOO


    hamsterboy wrote: »
    Could use one of the Galway Coca Cola Zero bikes.... There's a bike station not far from the train station

    Thank you...that is very useful info


  • Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist


    snubbleste wrote: »
    The answer is No. There is no safe storage.

    This
    hamsterboy wrote: »
    Could use one of the Galway Coca Cola Zero bikes.... There's a bike station not far from the train station

    The main issue with this plan is will there be a bike station at your destination? How far will you have to travel to get to work?


  • Registered Users Posts: 25,766 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble


    There is outdoor bike space which i covered by cctv.

    Could you tell us where the cameras that cover the area are located?

    The only visible ones are not pointing at the bicycles, AFAIK.


  • Registered Users Posts: 44 DJDOO


    This



    The main issue with this plan is will there be a bike station at your destination? How far will you have to travel to get to work?


    That's something I was thinking about, I'd be travelling from the train station out to Ballybrit. There isn't really another way and to rely on public transport


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo


    Could you tell us where the cameras that cover the area are located?

    The only visible ones are not pointing at the bicycles, AFAIK.

    Is the cctv camera not mobile, if not then my bad. Well, there bad really.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭what_traffic


    DJDOO wrote: »
    That's something I was thinking about, I'd be travelling from the train station out to Ballybrit. There isn't really another way and to rely on public transport

    Coke bike's wont work as they only cover the core City centre.
    You'd be best going with a fold-up bike. Ballybrit is one of the better area's served by public transport. The 409/403 give ya 5/6 services per hour.


  • Advertisement
Advertisement