Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballincollig regional park playground

Options
  • 16-04-2015 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the playground is open?
    Think it was to be open by April, but last time I was there the ground wasn't done.

Kids couldn't take the disappointment if it's not finished again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Not open yet, nearly finished though so won't be too long I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was down there today, its nearly done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

there was war at the weekend. Parents pulled down the barriers so the kids could play on the unfinished playground. Lot's a of aggro with park staff. Guards were called and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

there was war at the weekend. Parents pulled down the barriers so the kids could play on the unfinished playground. Lot's a of aggro with park staff. Guards were called and all!

I had a stroke reading that. Who the fcuk do they think they are?! Parents Against Safety? Real role models for their kids ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

b_mac2 wrote: »
    I had a stroke reading that. Who the fcuk do they think they are?! Parents Against Safety? Real role models for their kids ffs...

I saw them. Two big fat mothers on the see saw. Almost broke the thing. Leaving their kids play on the unfinished zip line as well. Mouthing off to people who told them to get out.
    Everyone watching agreed that if they injured themselves in there they'd be demanding a payout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Excuse the ignorance all but where's this? Are they extending / working on the current park where the skate park is?

That's disgraceful, would like to think the guards issued fines for trespassing....despite it not being private property, putting your children in danger like that is straight up stupidity, you can't teach cop on though can you!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

Once you enter the large open field with all the playing pitches it's right in front of you on the north west corner.

Cool, love popping out there in the summer for some space and sun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

D'Agger wrote: »
    Cool, love popping out there in the summer for some space and sun!

its going to be a great park when finished
    love the new perimeter walks, kids can cycle and do a few laps by the time i have one done with the buggy

its going to be a great park when finished
    love the new perimeter walks, kids can cycle and do a few laps by the time i have one done with the buggy
    Great to hear, the skatepark is great looking & the fields are great but lacking somewhat - playground & perimeter walks should be fantastic additions, looking forward to summer trips out there!

• Advertisement

is it open yet?

is it open yet?

wasn't open yesterday
    3 gutted kids

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

Wish they'd extend the parking there- find it terribly awkward- suppose there's not much they can do. I've started wLking there from Supervalu. Some day I'll find myself clamped!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

Looks great from the road

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

I was down there last sunday and there were 3 or 4 workmen on site, must be a bit of a push on to get it finished, wouldnt be surprised if it was finished now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Is it open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

koriko wrote: »
    Wish they'd extend the parking there- find it terribly awkward- suppose there's not much they can do. I've started wLking there from Supervalu. Some day I'll find myself clamped!

Car park is currently being extended - by 40 spaces I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 artcev

rob316 wrote: »
    Is it open yet?

Was down there yesterday morning. Looks like it is completed but still not open.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rory_K

Be unreal once open, savage spot in the summer.

Thats gas bout the nacks breaking in - some example those kids have haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nellmana

Hey do ya know is it open now????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

I passed the main entrance this morning and saw 3trucks and a digger going in- still work going on there !

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

koriko wrote: »
    I passed the main entrance this morning and saw 3trucks and a digger going in- still work going on there !

Think they are expanding the car park at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭orthsquel

I was there on Tuesday and I asked one of the work men at the playground when it was opening; he didn't seem that certain - I think he was only doing the grass as a contractor - but he said roughly two weeks. I wouldn't take it as gospel or as a confirmation, but he did refer to the work being carried out on the main car park and we concluded probably when that is all done, it hopefully will be open. But I wouldn't take it as accurate information. From signs I saw near the main entrance the car park extension started on 6th May and notices warned that there would be parking restrictions for 4 weeks and drew attention to the car park over at the allotments and pedestrian access over the by the GAA pitches (where the old museum used to be, which is now Cork Film Centre or something) so I'd kind of go with end of May/start of June at this stage.

The playground looks fantastic, it is finished, maybe some last few bits need doing and the multi purpose outdoor area beside it is complete too, and so much of the park has been fixed up under the development plan it looks brilliant. For anyone with concerns about dogs and the playground - the playground is fenced in and there are new warning signs on the walkway near the playground warning dog walkers of the playground and to keep dogs on the lead.

If anyone does turn up and it's still closed, there is a small playground near the waterworks buildings down past Lidl and EMC.... if you're really stuck try the playgrounds in Douglas Community Park, Carrigaline, Passage West, Ringaskiddy (small new one), and be ready for the refurbished Fitzgerald's park playground when that is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

Opened this morning.

FFS, and we away for the weekend in Clon.:rolleyes:
    typical! Better not tell the kids.:D

Opened this morning.

some pictures of it
    https://www.facebook.com/cafechico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hurray, finally! Brought the kids out to fitzgerald park last week, for a bunch of tears as they saw the playground replaced by a digger and a pile of mud. Douglas was jointed, they couldn't get on anything.

lovely new one in Crosshaven!
    And you'll pass a massive on in Carrigaline on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

More good news in the echo about the park expanding and tarmacading the long walk from east to west in the park

http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-news/six-acre-expansion-for-ballincollig-regional-park/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

-Toppy- wrote: »
    More good news in the echo about the park expanding and tarmacading the long walk from east to west in the park

http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-news/six-acre-expansion-for-ballincollig-regional-park/

they would really want to sort out the parking first though, even with the spaces they are currently working on it will be overflowing if they have another day like today,

having two movable food vans taking up more spaces is an even worse idea and tbh it stopped me spending my money there.

today a council man had to stop cars from entering the car park as there were so many vehicles waiting on spaces to open up.

Advertisement