Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thank You SSF

Options
  • 13-04-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    I wanted to post a big THANK YOU to everyone who is involved with the Santa Strike Force from my my little son Liam and the rest of the family.

We just came back from a weekend in Barretstown where we had a blast. You see Liam is 5 years old and has a very aggressive form of arthritis throughout his body in multiple joints . We were accepted into Barretstown for a family weekend and had a blast.

The big thank you is for your work to open the Lego room on site. We spent quite some time in here building ships (both pirate and space) and lots of other things. As we took in all the fun i noticed that the room was set up with help from you guys. I have been a member on Boards.ie for 10 years or so and the site always springs up a surpise or two and this is one of them.

I never thought I would have a child who needed continuous medical care for a serious condition - this really minor thing was such a massive help to not only Liam but the other families over the past weekend so again as it bring such happiness from something so simple.

You really made a difference.............

THANK YOU from a little boy who got time with his family doing something that brought him a massive amount of enjoyment.

IMG_0311.JPG

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

That's lovely, we're delighted to hear you all had such a great family weekend in Barretstown! Thanks for taking the time to post about it.

By the way, how did that dinosaur stowaway get on board your pirate ship? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

That's lovely, we're delighted to hear you all had such a great family weekend in Barretstown! Thanks for taking the time to post about it.

Its a Nooneeversaurus :D

Nice to see a picture of how SSF can make a difference. Definitely going to be getting involved this Christmas.

So good to see how coming together can bring so many smiles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Life.. uh... finds a way :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

jimmii wrote: »
    Its a Nooneeversaurus :D

Nice to see a picture of how SSF can make a difference. Definitely going to be getting involved this Christmas.

Santa doesn't just appear at Christmas ;) The Photography Forum are kicking off their annual Photobook at the moment and we'd love any support of any form - including any ideas for fundraising activities for our launch day on 30th May!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Brilliant, thanks for sharing. :)

Advertisement