Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Episode 5x01 - 'The Wars to Come' - HAVE read the books [** Spoilers **]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

MrWalsh wrote: »
    It was in one of the later trailers, I saw it on some website where someone had screen grabbed each individual piece and examined it.

I definitely didn't see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I definitely didn't see that.

Here it is here - its quite far down the page, they also claim one of the gif's is Sansa in Winterfells crypt.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/03/10/a-gif-breakdown-of-the-new-game-of-thrones-season-5-trailer/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I'm sure if Melisandre had glamoured Mance with Tormund we would have been shown Mels Ruby around her neck glow, and something similar on Mance/Tormund. Mance is definately dead and I can't see them sending Tormund to Winterfell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I've read all the books, the first few a couple of times but after reading this thread i'd shocked at how much i've forgotten from the more recent books! I feel like i'm in the wrong thread :(
    This definitely does appear to be the season where tv and books diverge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Scruff wrote: »
    I've read all the books, the first few a couple of times but after reading this thread i'd shocked at how much i've forgotten from the more recent books! I feel like i'm in the wrong thread :(
    This definitely does appear to be the season where tv and books diverge though.

I know how you feel :( granted it has been a long time since I read them but still, the amount I've forgotten is shocking. Had forgotten all about Dalla until she was mentioned in this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

I know how you feel :( granted it has been a long time since I read them but still, the amount I've forgotten is shocking.

I feel the same. Sure I was referring to fake Arya above because I couldnt remember her name.

Also, as the stories have started to diverge a bit more I dont always relate what is going on back to something in the books (even if it did happen).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I haven't read the books but recently I happened upon something that seems fairly important from the books but wasn't in this episode.

Maggy the Frog tells Cersei that the "valonqar" will kill her.

Have the writers explained why they dropped it? Or am I completely wrong and it is mentioned in the episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Maggy the Frog tells Cersei that the "valonqar" will kill her.

Pretty sure it's been mentioned in an earlier season, open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya it's in the show as far as I know. As in it is something that has always played on Cersei' mind in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's been mentioned in an earlier season, open to correction though.
    Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya it's in the show as far as I know. As in it is something that has always played on Cersei' mind in the show.

Thanks for responding. Based on your replies I rephrased my google search and found this article - http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016/05/cersei-valonqar-prophecy-told-jaime-game-of-thrones-children-die-cleganebowl-when-spoilers/ - and according to this site "valonqar" hasn't featured in the show at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement