Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florist open Sunday?

Options
  • 12-04-2015 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a good florist open on Sunday or am I stuck with going to a garage or supermarket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Probably too late for you now, but Marks and Spencer are open Sundays and do lovely flowers, also a good chance the bigger sized supermarket stores of Tesco, Dunnes, Lidl and Aldi would have an ok range, but M&S would be the best of the bunch, so to speak :p

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

ncur wrote: »
    Probably too late for you now, but Marks and Spencer are open Sundays and do lovely flowers, also a good chance the bigger sized supermarket stores of Tesco, Dunnes, Lidl and Aldi would have an ok range, but M&S would be the best of the bunch, so to speak :p

Not too late at all. I presume merchants Quay then?

There's Douglas also, but I'd be more familiar with Merchant's Quay, so I'd recommend that location. There should be something there to suit you, I buy flowers from M&S in there and have always been happy with the selection and quality.

ncur wrote: »
    There's Douglas also, but I'd be more familiar with Merchant's Quay, so I'd recommend that location. There should be something there to suit you, I buy flowers from M&S in there and have always been happy with the selection and quality.

I was kind of half thinking Douglas (after I looked it up) could be better for the parking. Although Sunday shouldn't be too bad in merchants Quay car park. Might be a better selection in there too.

Unless someone else can weigh in with a Douglas M&S analysis, I'd have to say Merchants Quay should have a better selection. The few times I have been in Douglas M&S I wasn't impressed, seemed awfully small and not as good a range of stuff in the food or clothes. Café is nicer in Douglas though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

The florist in Douglas court I think is open on Sunday's

suds1984 wrote: »
    The florist in Douglas court I think is open on Sunday's

I could have a look there. I don't know which would be the best. I know the one in my own town doesn't do much business so pickings are always slim. One i go to in Killarney I'd very expensive for what you get but they're nice... Anyway, Sunday don't have much choice the only thing is it has to fill a big vase so I'm wonder would M&S make the grade. The stuff on their UK website looks quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just go to aldi there flowers are great and half the price of dunnes, or Tesco in douglas do loverly bunches too...

Milly33 wrote: »
    Just go to aldi there flowers are great and half the price of dunnes, or Tesco in douglas do loverly bunches too...

I went to Douglas because time was against me. The selection in marks and Spencer was a disaster and tesco didn't look much better. I just picked up the special selection bunch from Aldi for 8:99, couldn't go wrong for the price. They should get me out of a hole... Thanks!

Advertisement