Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware women of Cork : Rapist spotted in Cork

Options
  • 10-04-2015 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,007 ✭✭✭✭

Its all over the radio but in case you didn't hear, serial rapist scumbag Trevor Byrne has been spotted in Cork the last few days.

Please be aware of this animal and keep safe, he is extremely dangerous.

His list of offences are long and violent.

This is a recent picture of him.

safe_image.php?d=AQDz-5AX69OdDrh-&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdarkroom.sundayworld.com%2F800%2F0%2Fa2aeb111f7defecc818094d047743da6%3A7e2e5001ffd93e92b86bf0a002128377%2Fconvicted-rapist-trevor-byrne&cfs=1&upscale=1&sx=0&sy=0&sw=800&sh=419

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

heard this nasty ass...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

The balls should be cut off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users Posts: 18,007 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gardaí confirmed they were watching him and he has left Cork this morning,

rob316 wrote: »
    Gardaí confirmed they were watching him and he has left Cork this morning,

What direction is he gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Reports in todays Sunday World suggest he got a bit of a beating in Cork the other day.

roundymac wrote: »
    Reports in todays Sunday World suggest he got a bit of a beating in Cork the other day.

Not surprised as soon as he was spotted it spread like wildfire he was around. Everyone I spoke to heard of him.

There was a big confrontation outside Pennys on Patrick St on Friday which is what scared him off. He obviously thought no one would recognise him so he was fairly surprised when they did.

Number of men confronted him and pulled him to the ground and told him to get out of Cork or he is dead. He apparently said " Why are you doing this, I don't know you, I'm not who you think I am"

He's gone now and congratulations to everyone that confronted scum like this.

He's a changed man.

I think everyone deserves a second chance.

Are you living in cloud cuckoo land, do you realise what he has done?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The ****in' state of him.

Sooner he dies the better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

rob316 wrote: »
    Are you ****ing serious?

He is a serial rapist, he has had 10 chances. I hope whatever town he crawls off to next give him hell too, there should be nowhere to hide for him.

Don't feed the....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    Are you living in cloud cuckoo land, do you realise what he has done?

Don't feed the troll lads.

EDIT Beaten to it ^

He is scum, he doesn't deserve to breath IMO.

I do believe most people deserve a second chance but his living victims are numerous and will forever be scared. He should at the very least be locked up till 70 and only released when he is no longer a danger to the public.

Am I better? Absolutely and Im no choir boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Very easy to judge when you were probably brought up in radically different circumstances than this guy.
    I'd imagine you come from a loving family and were giving every advantage in life in terms of education.

This guy was probably brought up by an alcoholic/druggie mother and/or father in absolute and utter filth. These serial sex offenders were usually seriously sexually abused themselves growing up.

Very easy to point the finger with from the comfort of your computer in your nice neighborhood m8. Don't forget that.

You have no proof of his background. Whatever it is doesn't give him the right to assault another person. He still has freedom of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

This seems to be the standard on the comments I've been reading.

Whatever about what mistakes he's made some of the nasty comments on the man's looks are quite frankly disgusting. He was born that way it's not his fault.

Born with the prison tatts?

Regarding the rest of your post with regards to this fella well Im just not gonna bother.

Very easy to judge when you were probably brought up in radically different circumstances than this guy.
    I'd imagine you come from a loving family and were giving every advantage in life in terms of education.

This guy was probably brought up by an alcoholic/druggie mother and/or father in absolute and utter filth. These serial sex offenders were usually seriously sexually abused themselves growing up.

Very easy to point the finger with from the comfort of your computer in your nice neighborhood m8. Don't forget that.

You have no idea of my upbringing or this filth. I don't care how bad your upbringing was, he's a sociopath, he knows what he has done and has no remorse for his crimes or compassion for his victims.

I don't know why Im continuing to engage with you to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

Disgraceful how people with his history can be allowed out on the streets. He clearly has serious mental problems.
    • A fifteen year term he got for raping an 18-year-old woman in 1993, during which he hit her over the head with a brick and threatened to kill her;

• Just 36 hours after being released for that horrific assault, he attacked and threatened to cut another woman’s throat; he was sentenced to five years in October 2006 for the terrifying assault on 32-year-old nurse Olivia Mariano in Phibsboro, Dublin. He also punched her in the face and told her he wanted her purse;

• When sentencing Byrne to five years in prison for that crime, Judge Donagh McDonagh said: “It would be easy with a complete recidivist to lock him up and throw away the key and my immediate reaction because of the previous conviction is to impose a very heavy sentence but I do not want to leave him without any hope”;

• In September 2009, 13 hours after completing that sentence, he carried out a terrifying attempted robbery on 24-year-old French woman Noemie Krey, 24, at Leo Street. A court heard Byrne tried to rob terrified Ms Krey after following her and forcing his way into her home. He was caged for eight years with two suspended on condition he observed a curfew and avoided alcohol;

• He was back on the streets in March but ended up back in jail in April when he was caught with six cans of cider, claiming he needed alcohol to stay away from drugs.

• Byrne later rang the Central Mental Hospital and told a nurse he felt like he was out of control and “might hack somebody up”.

Source: mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/outrage-after-violent-rapist-housed-4418584

me0w wrote: »
    Disgraceful how people with his history can be allowed out on the streets. He clearly has serious mental problems.

Source: mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/outrage-after-violent-rapist-housed-4418584

The bloody judges are as responsible as this scumbag to be honest. How is he been given short sentences, and early release every time?

He should be castrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

The bloody judges are as responsible as this scumbag to be honest.

The justice system is a joke, badly needs reform. Between the legal system and the political system this country is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

He's back in prison now, probably feels safer in there.

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    The justice system is a joke, badly needs reform. Between the legal system and the political system this country is a joke.

There living in gated mansions, they don't have to worry about vermin like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Glad to say he is back in Prison.

Miaireland wrote: »
    Glad to say he is back in Prison.

For sure, does not solve the problem he will be out again. While he is inside what is he costing the state?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ok thankfully the scumbag is back in prison where he belongs so I'm closing this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement