Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMW tracking

Options
  • 09-04-2015 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Looking for BMW tracking non dealership prices...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Try some tyre shops, I didn't think bmw have unique tracking equipment to other garages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

I'd agree with Dozer Dave.

If you need sth else done, but don't want to pay AD prices, try Ardfallen Motors in Ballycurreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

A lot of tyre shops will only track the front wheels and won't bother adjusting the camber and toe of the rear (some cars rear wheels are not adjustable).

The only places I've found to do this are O'Sullivans in Mallow and Automotif on the kinsale road (this was about 5-6years ago).

But ring around some tyre places to see if they will do it, but state explicitly that you want the camber and toe adjusted on the rear, if you just ask for tracking most won't bother with the back.

It's definitely worth having it done right, makes a night and day difference on a BMW.

(Technically speaking to do it correctly you need to have a full tank of fuel and weights added to the boot and front seats. I can't remember what weight of the top of my head, but google will probably tell you)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Glounthaune Tyre centre have a state of the art set up I understand. No affiliation with them only that I've got tyres there a couple of times including a few weeks ago and he has this huge new rig in a purpose built shed. It has all the make and model presets in its database and they're always reasonably priced...

Advertisement